All reviews the club lounge valet parking great location parliament hill byward market walking distance buffet breakfast bit dated room was large central location stayed here for one night rideau centre business or pleasure comfortable rooms king bed business trip an upgrade
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This hotel is a bit dated in some ways (the wooden closet door and room door, the bathroom) but the bed and pillows were outstanding. Flat screen TV, but no HD service. There are convenient ports on the desk for connecting devices to the TV, including HDMI, though. Free wifi was a nice surprise!!! Easy walk to Parliament and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011
SheratonOttawaHotel, Director of Sales at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for your review and for noticing our brand new wireless Internet. We are offering it free for Standard 1MB bandwidth service. In layman's terms this will provide guests with fast Internet browsing and e-mail service. We do charge however for someone who requires more bandwidth usage (i.e. large file downloads and videoconferencing). For most clients the 1MB service will be sufficient.

In our upcoming room refurbishment project, which will begin with our Club Floors, we will be moving away from the dark wood paneling. I am happy to report that HD television will be on its way sometime in 2012.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have stayed here a few times. Staff are friendly, location is terrific. Hotel could use some modernization - panel wood doors, dark hallways with not many updates. Rooms have had some upgrades - primarily furniture and TV.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments. I am happy to report that we are finalizing the details on a room refurbishment project which will also include our hallways. This project, which will be targeting our Club Floors in the first phase, will be starting very soon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is the best hotel we've stayed in considering world travel over 20 years. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, their breakfast's were outstanding, and their rooms very large and comfortable. I would recommend this well located hotel, only few blocks from Parliment, to anyone .

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DGSymmank

What a great review! On behalf of our General Manager and all the associates at the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel we would like to thank you for noticing our efforts and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Upon pulling up to the small (one car at a time) valet station, and waiting for one of only two valet parkers for approximately five minutes, I checked into the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel where I had pre booked one king Club level room for one night.
At time of booking, five days ago over the phone, I upgraded to this level room as I was promised access to the Club lounge (penthouse level) which serves complimentary evening o'rderves and continental breakfast in the morning. At time of check-in, I was informed that the Club Lounge was currently under renovations and that they had moved the afore mentioned services to the restaurant off of the lobby.
I paid more for the upgraded room for the privacy that was supposed to be afforded. Not impressed.
After entering the room, which seems rather small for how it was described and only slightly modernized, my boyfriend and I were greeted with only two bath towels and one bath robe.
Were we supposed to share?
No big deal. Christine, a friendly voice who answered the guest services phone sent up two more towels and one more bath robe. Although that could have been avoided by checking the number of guests arriving before they actually arrived. I'm assuming that that information is only provided to hotels at time of booking so as to up the room rate and not to actually accommodate guest requirements.
We decided to visit The Works restaurant for dinner so I called down for the car. Christine answered the phone again, as valet didn't answer theirs. She assured me that she would pass on the message.
After approximately 10 minutes, (more than enough time to bring a car up) we went down to the lobby to leave for dinner.
Surprise, Surprise. No car. The valet looked at us as though he didn't know why we were standing there. I mentioned that I had called down and the front desk was supposed to pass along the message that we would be needing the car. The valet told me he had not gotten the message and promptly brought the car up from the garage.
I'm hoping my one night stay gets better, although it is almost bed time so there isn't much left of my stay.
Sorry Sheraton: I've had great experiences with your hotels up until now (stayed at the Niagara Falls location, penthouse, two weeks ago), but I may rethink my hotel accommodations next time around.
It would have been nice to have been offered a discount on the room rate for the unexpected change of plans.

Room Tip: Club level room is NOT worth the price no view from 1416 but the office buildings might view you!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank VaNiNa1985
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Located centrally in the heart of Ottawa. A good hotel for the road warrior that needs a room for the night. Great steak restaurant just around the corner - Hy's.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us. Hy's is a great place to eat. I also recommend the Carleton Grill which is accessible from the lobby of the hotel. My favourite dish is the "Sampler Trio". The Catfish is also incredible.

Warm regards,