All reviews the club lounge valet parking great location parliament hill byward market walking distance bit dated buffet breakfast business district room was large central location stayed here for one night rideau centre business or pleasure business trip king bed comfortable rooms
Reviewed August 5, 2005

The location of the Sheraton Ottawa is great. Walking distance to almost everything. We were disappointed with the lack of available services during the renovations that they are presently doing (something that we did not know about until we arrived there). Parking was poor, only valet available. The room was lovely and the service very good. Overall a great stay, the neutral rating is only due to the renovation status.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank 27CW
Reviewed July 23, 2005

The Sheraton Ottawa is in the downtown area close to the Parliament building and within walking distance of Byward Market. The staff and rooms are nice, and the beds are excellent. I stayed there in May and July of 2005. In July the lobby and restaurant were under complete renovation, so don't expect much in the way of dining. The workout facility is well equipped, but I'd recommend a nice jog along the canal instead. Request a room on a higher floor to minimize noise or else you will wake in the morning to extensive traffic noise outside in the streets. Valet parking is paid by the day, and was very prompt retrieving my car.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank kendue
Reviewed December 27, 2004

We stay at the Ottawa Sheraton over the Christmas season., every year. From its elegant, understated lobby, to its attractive hallways, large rooms, wonderful food, and overall friendliness and personal service, it can't be beat for value in this city full of very good hotels.

2  Thank Relax28066
Reviewed May 13, 2004

Not to say that the other reviewers are wrong, but the room I stayed in on the 16th floor - the business class rooms - where renovated. Granted, this is not a new building so things like the heating system reflect old style controls - not a room thermostat - but the hallways are brand new - the room I stayed in included a brand new EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE bed with great linens, a desk with fax/printer, etc. I am not sure if every room has been renovated, but if you ask for a renovated room on the business class floors, you won't be disappointed. A solid Sheraton that exceeded my expectations.

2  Thank JCC-YYZ
Reviewed March 16, 2004

I have recently returned from a stay in Ottawa and was shocked to read the reviews of the hotel I had stayed in. The only possible explanation is that the reviewers stayed there some time ago. This hotel has been recently remodelled with new beds, linens, and carpets. The rooms were very clean and the staff helpful and courteous. I would recommend it highly and will stay there again.

2  Thank Storyteller4583