Lord Elgin(Ottawa)
US$196
US$164
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Book now, pay at stay
ByWard Blue Inn(Ottawa)
US$183
US$138
  • Breakfast included
Les Suites Hotel Ottawa(Ottawa)
US$217
US$153
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsthe club loungevalet parkingparliament hillbyward marketwalking distancebuffet breakfastbit datedroom was largecentral locationstayed here for one nightrideau centrebusiness or pleasureking bedbusiness tripan upgradesparks streetfree internet
Reviewed December 3, 2017

The furnishing is slightly old and dated, but the rooms are comfortable and the location is good. I stayed here for a week while attending a conference, and hoped I had chosen a hotel with newer furnishings. The hotel gym was good - had the necessary equipment and a small pool. The restaurant attached to the hotel is not that great, so I would skip it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank aych1234
SheratonOttawa, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Greetings aych1234,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your most recent stay with us.

We are sorry you found the furnishings to be dated but are glad to hear you found the rooms comfortable overall. We have just completed a re-modernization project, updating the furnishing in our guest rooms to include features such as accessible plugs in the bedframe, a refreshed desk/work area, and larger LED HDTVs, as well as updates to our lobby area, elevators and hallways in hopes to provide ours guests with a more modern style and décor.

We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton should your travels bring you back to Ottawa and have certainly shared your feedback with the appropriate departments. Please feel free to share any further feedback directly with us at customerservices@sheratonottawa.com.

Regards,
M. Gifford
Front Office Manager - Sheraton Ottawa Hotel

Reviewed November 26, 2017

My partner, his father, and I stayed at this hotel to attend the Remembrance Day ceremony at the National War Memorial. I appreciated how friendly and helpful staff were.

The hotel was well located, rooms clean and spacious, food & drink onsite pretty good, and the fitness centre exactly what I needed.

Overall good value for a nice, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Chrystiane M
Reviewed November 26, 2017

This hotel has large rooms and room-wide windows. The bathroom is dated with old bathtubs and pre 1990’s tiled floor. The beds are ok, but on the sof5 side with edges that slope to the floor. Probably need to be replaced.

The staff were good, especially in the executive lounge. The main host there really takes pride in his customer service. The lounge is large and serves a reasonable continental breakfast with one or two hot items such as an egg-potato mix or baked beans. There is also hot oatmeal and waffles, fresh fruit, pastries, etc. In the evening there are a couple of hot snacks, cheese and crackers.

The hotel is close to Parliament Hill, a10 min walk to the Rideau Centre and the Byward Market area. The #97 Airport Bus stops 1/2 a block away at Albert and Metcalfe. It costs about $3.50 each way. The stop to return to the airport is one street over.

The daily breakfast buffet is good and costs in the range $16. There is a pool and exercise room.

I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Back rooms have less traffic noise v
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2017

we stayed here on a tour trip, the room was at the end of a corridor next to the service elevator, it was clean and very spacious, there was a small bottle of free water and a bigger one you had to pay for, it would be nice to have a free bottle each. tea/coffee in room, toiletries, bathroom clean. room was very noisy and the bed i found personally too soft, but was a good basic hotel

Room Tip: ask for one away from the service elevator
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tracey d
SheratonOttawa, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Greetings Tracey D,
Thank you very much for your valued feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Sheraton Ottawa.

We are happy to hear your enjoyed your stay overall, however apologize you were allocated a room near a service elevator. We work hard to maintain a relaxing and peaceful experience for our guests and we will certainly share your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure noise is been kept to a minimum in this area. We are also sorry you ran out of bottled water. Should you need a refill on room amenities, please do not hesitate to contact our guest service team who are here 24 hours to assist our guests.

Thank you again for choosing the Sheraton Ottawa and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Regards,
M.Gifford
Front Office Manager - Sheraton Ottawa

Reviewed November 14, 2017

This hotel was just great!

When I checked in (7pm, 11/9/17), the young man at the desk was so efficient while being very friendly. That's a great combination for a front desk person, so kudos to him! He told me everything I'd planned to ask but didn't have to do so. He's good!

I booked a traditional room (room 1217) , and I was surprised at how large the room was. I had a king bed, a chair and foot stool, desk (open the right hand cabinet of the desk for the refrigerator!), very large TV on the wall, and a nightstand with a safe inside and an alarm clock (rare to find these days). All this and still a huge amount of room to dance around had the feeling overtaken me. ;)

I have to mention the incredible bed and pillows - I slept so well!

The bathroom had a nice tub and plenty of counter space. There was also always plenty of hot water - some hotels seem to have a problem with this, but not the Sheraton Ottawa.

Sheraton toiletries were included, and I'm longing to find more of the citron + vertiver body lotion and shower gel. What a nice smell!

I had breakfast one morning at the hotel, and it was totally worth the cost (about $20, I think it was). It's an all-you-can-eat buffet with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, potatoes, pastries, jams, oatmeal, a make-your-own waffle station, and the best croissants I've had outside of Paris. All were delicious. When I sat down, the charming gentleman working that morning gave me a carafe of coffee and a glass of orange juice.

I had to check out very early on Monday, 11/13/17 in order to get to the airport (about 3am) , and the young man at the desk was so friendly and kind. He truly wanted to know how I'd enjoyed my visit to the hotel and to Ottawa, and he seemed pleased that I was so happy.

Sheraton Ottawa management: I didn't get the names of the gentlemen who helped me, but check my room number and dates to see who was working then. Please commend them on doing such superlatives jobs. These are just the kind of people you want working at your hotel!

By the way, you can take the number 97 bus from the airport - the stop is just a half block from the hotel. To get back to the airport, the stop is just a block away. So convenient!

I loved staying here very much.
Thanks, Sheraton Ottawa for a great visit!
Should I return to Ottawa, I will most definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo