“Good location, but not an excellent location. Good value.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Victoria, Canada
“Good location, but not an excellent location. Good value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Clean rooms, great staff and decent ammenities at this hotel. Not bad for the price, and probably a better location if you want to be near Sparks Street and the Parliament Buildings. Its a little far from the Byward Market area, but not too far to walk. There's no pool, but they have a decent exercise room. This would be an ideal place for a quick business trip.

Room Tip: I think the better rooms are higher up.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JoeJets
Patrick Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Happy Tuesday,

My name is Patrick Quirouette, General Manager for the Radisson Ottawa Hotel, and I wanted to sincerely thank you for sharing your thoughts on your your recent stay with us.

I was very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, found our location ideal to where you needed to me. We are approximately a 15 minute walk to the Byward market, but you on the way there you have the opportunity to walk along Wellington or Sparks which offers a lot to see onling the way.

Thanks again, and we hope to have you again as our valued guest in the near future.

Patrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed 2 nights on holiday in Ottawa. communal areas are a bit tired however don't let this put you off we had an executive room and were very impressed with the space cleanliness and refurbished interior lots of natural light. Good location for houses of parliament etc nice 15 min walk to the market area for nightlife. Parking onsite $20ish per night secure and simple. We chose to pay for breakfast at the onsite restaurant which was amazing with very friendly staff.
Overall We were very happy with our stay knowing we had chosen an older hotel in a good location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Good day,

My name is Patrick Quirouette, General Manager for the Radisson Ottawa Hotel, and I wanted to say thank you for sharing our comments in regards to you recent stay with us.

We recently put a lot of work into our rooms, and I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed them. Some public spaces will be upgraded at a later time. Customer service is a major pillar with Radisson, and I am happy to see that the same level of service we offer at our hotel followed you into the restaurant.

Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you soon!

Barrie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

The staff were great. They did forget to punch in a wake-up call one morning but said sorry with a free breakfast.
Speaking of... the restaurant is well priced and has very good food.
The beds are adjustable (by air I think) with a remote control from one side of the king to the other side. No matter how much I tried to adjust both sides, there was still a lump in the middle that bugged me.
It was the 2nd smallest room I have ever stayed in. There was berely enough room to get around. There is no mini fridge but they will give you one free if you ask.
Parking is $18/night and the church parking across the street is $22 so $18 is your best choice if you have a vehicle. Parking is indoors, so that's always nice in the hot summer.
NO POOL
NO SPA

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andre C
Patrick Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Good day,

My name is Patrick Quirouette,General Manager for the Radisson Ottawa Hotel. Thank you very much for the feedback you proided us during your last stay with us. We use this constructive critisism to fine tune our operation, and stride on delivering consistant memorable experiences.

Thanks again, and we hope to be your number choice in accommodateion upon your next visit to the nation's capital.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

The rooms are small and cramped with a very chemical cleaner smell. They only have 2 elevators which are small and slow, resulting in long wait times. The pay-per-view choices were very limited. Overall it is an average hotel at a high rate. Parking is also not free at $18 per night.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AlBusnssTrvlr
Patrick Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Good day,

My name is Patrick Quirouette, General Manager for the Radisson Ottawa Hotel. I wanted to take the time, and thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that we failed to deliver a less than memorable experience during your recent stay with us. We just completed our property improvement plan which unfortunately can leave what I can a renovation smell. Please note that our housekeeping team has been working diligently to rectify the issue, and I am very happy to report that this has now been addressed.

We do charge heatd indoor parking for $18/day with in and out priviledges which is very competitive for the Ottawa downtown core.

We truly hope that you consider us again in the near future!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I visited Ottawa with a friend in February. It was a last-minute decision - we booked the hotel a couple days before leaving when there was very limited availability. We got a reasonable nightly rate. The staff were efficient, though not tremendously outgoing. I got the feeling this was more a business hotel and staff weren't used to recommending sights to see, places to eat, etc.

The room was clean, although there was a wet patch under the radiator that didn't dry up for the two nights we stayed there. The TV was very old and the beds were average. Great bathroom. We didn't have any trouble with noise and the hotel certainly served its purpose.

The location didn't turn out to be the best for us, but having never been to Ottawa before, it was hard to know in advance. It was a good 20 minutes walk from Byward Market and the centre of town. Only about 10 minutes walk from Parliament. Ultimately, it worked out fine, but I would plan to stay closer to the centre next time. Especially if you go in winter and want to walk, 20 minutes leaves you pretty cold.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Patrick Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Good day,

My name is Patrick Quirouette, General Manager for the Radisson Ottawa Hotel, and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.

A lot has taken place at the hotel since your stay with us in February 2012. We have just completed the first portion of our property improvement plan. All of our rooms look rejuvinated with vibrant carpet, and earth tone vinyl. Half of our guestrooms are equipped with 37" flat screen LCD TV's, and the second half will be here very shortly.

All of our guest service representatives are well are versed on what is happening in the city, but I will personally ensure that all of them are equipped with the most up to date information so that we are able to offer suggestions for our valued guests.

Thanks again, and we hope to be your host once again during your next visit to Ottawa.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were fantastic; more than accommodating. The restaurant was great too. Our only disappointments were the take-out box on the windowsill and the dirty rag hanging in the shower.
I wouldn't splurge on the place but we were well taken care of and that really made our trip.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Good day,

My name is Patrick Quirouette, General Manager for the Radisson Ottawa Hotel. I wanted to thank you for taking a few minutes posting your feedback of your recent stay with us. It's with these types of comments that we are able to fine tune our operation and make it great.

Please feel confident that I will peronally look into this. We put a lot of emphasis on delivering a memorable guest experience, and I am happy to hear that we deliverd.

We hope that you stay with us again in the near future!

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel and my first visit to Ottawa. The hotel rooms are being renovated and was worried it would be too noisy but I never noticed, I also liked the location.

I checked in with Peggy and I have to say she was probably the best front desk person I have ever dealt with. If you happen to stay at this hotel be sure and ask for her! And I stay at a lot of hotels.

The room was clean, comfortable and the food in the restaurant was good. I encountered no problems during my stay and would stay again on my next visit to Ottawa.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Good day,

My name is Patrick Quirouette, General Manager for the Radisson Ottawa Hotel. I wanted to personally thank you for posting comments about your recent stay with us.

Ensuring that our valued guests leave 100% satisfied is our number goal, and I was thrilled to hear that Peggy played a role in complimenting your stay in Ottawa. I hope you enjoyed our "new look" as well!

Thanks again, and we look forward to host in the near future!