Capital Hill Hotel & Suites
Orbitz.com
US$111
US$98
Travelocity
Rideau Heights Inn(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$72
US$94
US$91
Agoda.com
All reviewsparliament hillbyward marketrideau canalshort walklimited parkingan older hotelwithin walking distancewar memorialtwo queen bedsbit datedliving roomdowntown coremini fridgesignaltelevision
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Have stayed here a few times over the years...always during big events i.e. Canada Day, Ottawa marathon, etc. The last stay was the Ottawa Marathon in the spring(my wife ran it), we find the location perfect, on site parking really handy, and the large rooms with kitchenette's a real bonus. Everything is a block or 2 away, not super fancy but totally adequate. The rooms have always being clean and the service prompt.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DDMAT2008
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed there with my 88 year old Uncle for the Remembrance Day ceremonies. The staff was wonderful, the room was great. Leave the parking to the experts, don't even think of doing it yourself. I will definitely stay there on my next trip. Ice is hard to get so be sure to ask for extra buckets when you check in. I've stayed in much worse places and paid alot more. If you go for a carriage ride be sure to book with John Cundles stables. DO NOT jump on a carriage ride on the street. Those horses are broken down race horses living a life of misery. John has two beautiful Belgians. His stables are sweet and clean, his horses well cared for and built for the task. His family has the only legal stable in Ottawa and have been in business for 100 years. He is a $5.00 cab ride from the hotel. All the others are trucked in daily and are in no condition to be pulling the weight they are forced to carry. They sould be put out to pasture and they're handlers reported.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up. They have been updated with new beds, linens and TV's.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2011

For the price I paid I didn't expect better than what I got. An average room with not so confortable beds, an ok bathroom and weird looking balcony. I was happy with the little kitchen where I could heat up some food. The staff was nice. The only thing really bugging me was the parking lot which was very very small. Will try to go elsewhere next time I go to Ottawa, but the location is hard to beat for the price.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DomLaf
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed for a night recently and dingy is generous. The rooms feel like it is 1982 the hallways are dirty and the wall are all banged up. I wasn't sure if I was staying at a hotel or a motel. it was only 100 a night but it is definitely not a repeat.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2011

From start to finish my hotel stay here was awful! I checked into my room only to discover it was NOT the room in their website pictures...to say the room was 'shabby' would be kind...it was horrible. First off the beds had springs sticking out, room smelled like mold and the bathroom was like a closet. The furniture was falling apart and ppl can walk to from their balcony to yours!! After 3 hrs of waiting, a General manager telling me she was right and I was wrong and finally being moved to another room...which supposedly had JUST been cleaned I find garbage in the dresser drawer!!! The elevators are iffy at best often stopping at the 10th floor and refusing to go up any more....while at front desk waiting for my car keys a man was asking about where they valet parked his car and was told to go look through 2 levels of parking for it himself!!! The staff don't care the website pics are a lie and I wouldn't take money to stay here again let alone pay for the crap I was put through!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business