All reviews city hall bachelor suite minute walk living room within walking distance parliament hill stayed here for three nights full kitchen rideau canal restaurant downstairs quiet street byward market an update big room restaurants and bars location is fantastic war memorial
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Great one bedroom room, with kitchen and balcony. We had a fantastic stay. It was clean and modern. Would definitely recommend.

Only downside- The lobby is a little small and the elevators are always busy, but the friendly staff make up for it.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jonatan H, Director of Sales at Embassy Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Hi Alissa,
Is always nice to heard good reviews from our gust. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your room, as per the lobby and the elevator, I wish we have more space but there is not much we can work with, I am happy our staff did a good job and I hope we can host you again in the future.

Have a great day

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

The Embassy Hotel is a quaint little hotel located within a stones throw of City Hall, the canal, and the War Memorial.

I like coming here because its close to everything, the staff are stellar, plus it has its own restaurant. That all being said, there are a few minuses, such as the small rooms, few parking spaces, and it is pet friendly. Also the showers go from frozen to scolding hot, and the hot water tank can't handle two showers back to back.

It sounds like I'm hating on the place, but I'm not, it's not to bad and I will return!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Justine C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.
We at The Embassy Hotel always appreciate our Guests feed back and use it as an opportunity to improve.
We are thrilled to hear that you will return and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Ottawa during March break this year with my 10 year-old daughter. The location is fantastic, it’s within walking distance to the downtown core and local attractions; including Parliament Hill. Great restaurants and shopping within close walking distance.
Parking was easy and convenient in the underground garage. The check in process was quick and the lady working the front desk was very professional and pleasant.
We stayed in a one-bedroom suite which was amazing, it was very spacious and clean. I am extremely particular when it comes to cleanliness, everything was spotless. Although we dined out during our time, the kitchen in our suite was well appointed and had everything required to cook meals. We did enjoy a nice breakfast at the on-site restaurant, Cooper’s Gastropub. There was the option of ordering room service as well which unfortunately we didn’t have the time to enjoy. The room itself was beautifully furnished and very well laid out. The bed was extremely comfortable, we slept very well as the room was surprisingly quiet for being in a city; we even slept with the window open a crack to enjoy some fresh air!
The lobby/front desk area is inviting and very nicely furnished with free coffee and hot chocolate available which was a very nice touch. The entire facility is very nicely decorated and very well maintained.
Service was very professional, every single person I encountered was pleasant and welcoming. My daughter forgot her toothbrush and with one quick call to the front desk someone was at our door within minutes with a small kit, including a toothbrush and toothpaste. Excellent service!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to a return visit myself!

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank htlamb
Justine C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to review Embassy Hotel and Suites. We are glad you were able to enjoy all our hotel has to offer.
We are always thrilled to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and this is no exception.
We would be happy to Welcome you back anytime, on your next visit please let us know it how we can further enhance your stay.
Looking forward to Serving you in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Extremely clean! Excellent location - within walking distance to parliment hill. One block from Elgin street - where we shopped the dollar store for snacks - some specialty shops - McDonald's for breakfast - other small restaurants. Close to Sobeys as well. Friendly staff. Free coffee in the lobby. I would return but wouldn't eat at the restaurant - just average food that is not worth your money.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Justine C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Thank you for choosing Embassy Hotel and Suites and for writing your valuable feedback.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Hotel as well as, our unbeatable location.
We are so sorry to hear our Restaurant didn't meet your expectations.
These comments are very important because they help us pursue continuous improvement.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

This is an old hotel that has had a cosmetic reno. The main problem with this hotel is the noisy ventilation system that you can hear in the hallway and room and even in the walls at all times of the day which makes it impossible to sleep or relax except for people who are deaf or don't mind sleeping with a constant buzz in the room (of which there are some for sure). The staff was very helpful and accommodating in trying to find a room located on a different floor and part of the building, and while the buzz was less it was still present.
The renovations look to be done semi-professionally, with little attention to finishing and detail....... crooked tiles, bad caulking, bathroom sliding doors that wouldn't stay closed, new faceplates on old kitchen drawers that were hard to open and close, and other shortcuts. I can understand that they have tried to freshen up the hotel with some nice touches here and there but unfortunately the noisy ventilation is a dealbreaker for me.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mtsl0b0dian

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.
We here at The Embassy Hotel, Always take our customer reviews as an opportunity to improve.
We Acknowledge we still have some work to do here at our property.
These comments allow us to understand better the issues needing attention from a guest perspective.

Thank you for your feedback and please allow us to serve you again in the future.