1,182 results
All reviews great location full kitchen byward market parliament hill one bedroom suite tim hortons large living room within walking distance parking garage is free breakfast ottawa downtown confederation park washer dryer sofa bed bit dated yogurt the breakfast area
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Residence Inn has a great location a couple of blocks from Parliament Hill and is in walking distance of most local attractions and several restaurants. Our one-bedroom suite was huge and was clean, quiet and comfortable. The kitchen is dated but everything works. The bathroom was large, bright and had a window that opened.

Very impressed with the size of the breakfast area (breakfast is included in the rate), the variety of food and particularly the ability of the staff to keep refreshing the buffet despite large numbers of people on the weekend. All the staff we met were very friendly and helpful.

Be aware if you are driving that parking is $23 and the underground lot is very tight with narrow entry and exit points and two-way ramps. You have to take an elevator to the main floor and then another elevator to the fourth floor lobby. Because of the location you might be able to park and then walk everywhere while at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank liplord
N R, General Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi liplord,
Thank you for your comments after your recent stay with us.
I appreciate your comments on the Hotel and the facilities. Glad you had a comfortable stay with us while in Ottawa.We have an excellent breakfast spread and great for people with families as it saves the hassle of finding a restaurant closeby especially with children.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is the best downtown hotel you will ever have the pleasure of enjoying, no question about it. The breakfast is first-rate, far better than your average RI. The fitness room is massive, with free weights and a scale, plenty of machines, even a Universal along with mats and balls. Adjacent inside the men’s restroom and down a few stairs inside the ladies – a sauna! There is also an indoor pool. Towels stacked high. Laundry room is spotless (2.25C per wash, 2.25C per dry) and change is available at the Front Desk, where they greet you with a smile and grant your every wish. Now, the layout is a little tricky: You pull up out front (there are 2 parking spots for the hotel)… Grab a cart inside the building lobby on the ground floor… then ride up to the 4th Floor to check in at the Front Desk… when you un-load in your room, take one of the 4 speedy elevators to the ground floor, deposit your luggage cart back in the building lobby not the hotel Front Desk… then get back in your car and make a U-turn in front of the hotel and immediately enter the driveway/alley to entry for underground parking (your room key is your access)… there is P1 and P2 and P3 parking , then you ride a separate (much, much smaller elevator) up to the building’s lobby, where you access the hotel elevator up to your floor (4-14). Be mindful that moving from the lower underground parking levels, the access point can only accommodate a single car, so be aware if anybody is coming your way (flash your lights). Sounds complicated, but it is not. The rooms are large and it was a joy to have windows that opened for a breeze. Special thanks to GM Ravi who not only gave us a Platinum Premier upgrade – but a delicious birthday cupcake and card for my wife’s big day. A very special hotel indeed. Thank you so very, very much, Ravi!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MMPJMH

Dear MMPJMH,
We could not have been happier having you with us!! We thought that your planning from the last three months must come with some positive results!!! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time in Canada , eh? I understand that you are traveling for a few months and getting into another stage in life!
We wish you and your wife all the very best and if your travels bring you to Canada and Ottawa again, please do knock on our doors!!!

Reviewed September 14, 2018

I have mixed feelings about this one. The location is great, rooms are big, windows open but it just didn’t do it for me.

Check in was meh for me. My coworker had a bubbly young lady who checked him in quickly, explained the facilities and had him on his way within a few moments. I on the other hand, had a young lady who was frowny, had obvious issues getting me checked in, and did not tell me why it’s taking so long while my coworker was done a long time ago.

As a Gold member I had hoped for an upgrade – nothing. I should have gotten enhanced internet – nope.

The regular internet was so bad, I had to switch to date to even read my emails.

When I came home at night and it was dark, I learned that the light switch in the bedroom does NOTHING. Every little light had to be turned on individually. Love stumbling around in the dark ☹

The room smelled old and musty. I turned off the AC and opened a window which made it a bit better.

Check-out was a breeze, breakfast good but overall not a hotel I will come back too until it’s renovated and the internet upgraded.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bubbelbine
Doug C, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear bubbelbine,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I am extremely sorry for the shortfalls during your stay.

There is no excuse for poor service, and for staff who are not on point at all times. We do have some new team members, and it is for this reason I hope that you could reach out to us and let us know what time and date you checked in so that I can address this immediately. Based on the explanation that you weren't informed about upgraded wi-fi (you automatically get this, our team should have told you that), I suspect it was a new team member who did your check-in. We will address this ASAP once we are certain of the date. When investigating that issue, I will also look into the upgrade (we are extremely busy as of late, and regrettably have been unable to upgrade a number of our elite guests), and why you were either not upgraded, or not informed that we were unable to.

We are slated to begin renovations in the new year, and we are all very excited to see what the future has in store. I notice that you ranked cleanliness a bit higher, so I am pleased to see that we met part of our goals. As we are an older hotel, our focus is on clean rooms and friendly staff. As mentioned, I will investigate the latter.

If there is anything else that I can do, please let me know. I do hope to address your concerns and will follow-up once I have more information.

Regards,

Douglas Crosbie
Guest Services Manager
douglas.crosbie@marriott.com

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Stayed here on Labor Day Weekend. This hotel is close to all downtown attractions in Ottawa, as well as good restaurants at Byward Market, and Nepean Street and Bank Street.

Breakfast buffet (free) is better than most Residence Inn (US) I stayed at.

Room Tip: Become a Marriott Rewards Member!!!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
N R, General Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Hi Anthony_Chien,
Glad you stayed with us during the labor day weekend. It gets a bit crazy being the last weekend the kids have before they go to school but happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments on the breakfast, I really appreciate.
Please do visit Ottawa again in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

This was perfect for a family with 2 rambunctious school-age boys and a cat! The kitchenette and bathrooms were much larger than phone booths; the living area was spacious; plenty of windows to let in the sunshine and fresh air...The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Thank you!

Room Tip: Elevators never required a long wait- even if your room is near the top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
N R, General Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Hi kadams1878,
I really appreciate your comments and we are so happy to read that your stay with us was perfect!!! I am glad that our team was able to to meet your needs. We look forward to your next visit.