The Westin Ottawa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Les Suites Hotel Ottawa(Ottawa)
Lord Elgin(Ottawa)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Swiss Hotel(Ottawa)
2,245 results
All reviewsshore clubrideau centreheavenly bedbyward marketspg memberparliament hilldirect accessself parkcorner roomdeluxe roomthird floorvalet parkingnational galleryper daychateau laurierhigher floorthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Westin is absolutely amazing and would definitely stay here again!

Check-in was quick and efficient. Room was large, clean, and modern. View was spectacular!

Convenienve of being close to all amenities in downtown Ottawa and the hotel is connected to the Rideau Centre.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The decor is very modern and sleek. The rooms are very comfortable and new. I stayed on the 22nd floor and had a nice view of the city. It's connected to the mall--bonus, two Starbucks--bonus, and many of the tourist attractions (canal, Byward Market, Parliament, etc). The service was very good as well. It's just too bad that the wireless was really, really spotty. My iPad (wi-fi only) was not useful for email/browsing on such a weak network. They provide a cable so you can connect directly to the router--only useful for the laptop, not for the iPad.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear spunkinspades,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you were fond of our modern décor, and that you enjoyed the views from your room and the amenities nearby. I apologize, however, for the inconsistency in the wireless signal during your stay. Several of our signal towers were down, which unfortunately resulted in inclement service for a short time. I assure you this is not the type of wireless service we typically provide, and we worked diligently to restore the wireless service as soon as possible. I am happy to report that all towers are functioning properly now, and our wireless internet is functioning at optimal levels.
Once again, thank you for your comments, and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Be well,
John J

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We booked a night away for our anniversary and really chose the right spot. Jr. Suite was wonderful. Large, great view, very clean. Took our son for afternoon swim prior to him going to a friends for sleepover. Our room was not ready, but they gave us a key to pool room. Busy weekend as it was family day so our room was not quite ready in time. We were quite surprised to have special delivery to our room with card for our anniversary. (chocolate covered strawberries were delicious, thanks Kim.) Would recommend that room to anyone! Fantastic.

Room Tip: High up room on corner, fantastic. Although check if it is too close to elevator as it was slightly noisy at times in the living area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Cynthia J,

Thank you for your comments! I am honoured that The Westin Ottawa was your destination of choice for your anniversary celebration. I am thrilled to read that Kim helped to make the occasion even more special, and I hope to welcome you back for many happy anniversaries to come!

Be well
John J

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here for 1 night at the end of Winterlude. I used to come to the Westin with my family over 20 years ago and it's as nice as I remembered.

The staff was amazing, emailing us before we arrived asking if we needed anything. I asked for a humidifier and it was already in our room when we checked in. The room was massive (we got upgraded from my status) and very nice.

The pool was smaller than I remember (but I was 10 back then) but my wife noticed it was salt water which made her happy. They have squash courts too which I didn't know.

The location is great, 5 min from Byward market, attached to Rideau Centre. Easy walking distance to Parliament hill. We walked to Jacques Cartier Park across the bridge for the Winterlude snow park and it was about 30 minutes.

Parking is expensive at $20 with no in/out privileges or you can pay $32 for valet and in/out is ok.

Didn't try the restaurant as it was much cheaper to eat in the mall or at the market.

All in all, a great experience again.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Our first time in Ottawa during Winterlude. The Westin is the perfect location for skating on the canal (literally across the street). The rooms are gorgeous and luxurious with excellent service. Salt water pool and top notch gym is great. Spa is right next door or you can enjoy in room massages. Shopping linked indoors via a bridge to a huge shopping centre and local Byway market is one block away with local shopping and goods. Excellent restaurants nearby within walking distance from haute cuisine to cheap eats. Don't miss $4.89 made to order italian sandwiches at local italian specialty market and beavertails on the canal. The ice sculptures, ice slides and fun in the park and a 15min drive to Quebec to the casino. You can walk to the Parliament Buildings and dress warmly if going to Winterlude and enjoy.

Room Tip: High floor with view of canal.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple