“Nothing special”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Conditions of hotel nothing special, pretty good locatin but i think Sheraton Ottawa have more strategic location.
Hotel staff is quite professional.
One thing that makes me happy to stay in this hotel is the Westin heavenly bed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AlbertSiauw
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Albertusguntur,

Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your Heavenly Bed during your stay with us. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Ottawa again and encourage you to explore the many attractions located within walking distance of the hotel, including the Byward Market, Rideau Canal, Parliament, plus many more.

John J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week for a combination business/ getaway. The location is superb--it is connected to the shopping mall Rideau Centre and thru that you can go thru the Bay store and get to the Byward Market in comfort during the cold months. Very centrally located for a lot of the attractions of Ottawa. Any staff member we came into contact was extremely nice and went out of their way to help us--really remarkable. From the cleaning staff to the concierge to the restaurant staff. The restaurant was pricey but no complaints on the quality of food. Our room was comfortable, but unfortunately they did not have any king rooms available and they do not seem to offer queen size beds, so 2 doubles it was for our "getaway". Not comfortable. Also the internet access was very expensive and when we asked, we were told that "that is the going rate here in the area" Here's a news flash--break the mold and get with the 21st century. I have not been to a hotel in the States in many years that charges for internet access. Otherwise a marvelous stay and would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Be aware that your choice is a king room or 2 double beds.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear maryjWi,

Thank you reviewing our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you had such positive interactions with our staff, and that you enjoyed our central downtown location. I apologize for the explanation you received regarding the internet charge; while the charge is line with other rates for internet for hotels of our class within the area, the fee is a standard for all Westins in North America, and unfortunately we are unable to eliminate the charge at the present time. We do however offer complimentary internet access in the lobby and restaurant areas.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Ottawa again in the near future!

Toronto
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Underground parking was good walking directly into lobby. Check in was quick and effecient. Room was clean, modern and comfortable. Bathroom spotless and modern. Only issue were the elevators were often held up for dignitaries causing delays for other guests.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Canuck1256
Dear Canuck1256,

Thank you for your comments! I am pleased to hear that you had a positive arrival experience, and that you enjoyed your guestroom. We have recently created a new position to assist with elevator flow and traffic; our “Elevator Ambassadors” are on now on duty during peak times 7 days a week!
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Ottawa again!

Timmins, ON
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the Westin (April 2-3, 2012). Room was spacious and well appointed. Everything was very clean and in perfect working order.
What stood out for me was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone you encountered were more extremely pleasant and friendly. One of my colleagues was particularly impressed to have the concierge chase him down at the elevator after a run along the canal, to offer him a towel and a bottle of water. I had a similar experience of being offered a towel to dry off after coming in from the rain. The same concierge (tall fellow with a beard) was also very nice to offer restaurant suggestions for myself or my colleagues and even offered us some water for our taxi ride back to the airport. This attention to detail is what separates a good customer service experience from a great one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear renrenren,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff members! I believe the gentleman that assisted you and your friend in the lobby is our Head Concierge, Andrew - I will certainly be sharing your comments with him! I am absolutely thrilled to read that the efforts demonstrated by Andrew and the rest of our staff members created such a positive experience, and that the attention to detail was what truly made your stay special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Ottawa again!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have stayed at the Westin a few times. It is a good hotel for business. The location is very convenient, a short walk from the parliament buildings and from the market area and the canal. One shortcoming is the parking. If you are going to use your car a few times, you pay each time. The hotel does not provide a pass unless you choose valet parking.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hunterboeuf
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Hunterboeuf,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy our central location, and that you have chosen to stay at The Westin Ottawa several times while travelling on business. Unfortunately since we do not own the parking garage, our only option for in-and-out privileges is through valet parking. I do hope this does not deter you from staying with us again, and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ottawa
Reviewed 1 April 2012

About 5 years ago after a late flight, I walked up to the Platinum counter and was greeted with "Congratulations Mr X, this is your 100th stay at the hotel" - I asked if she meant 100 nights, but was told no, it was my 100th stay. I always referred to the Westin Ottawa as my home away from home, but I guess it truly was.

What an awesome location. Steps away from Parliament Hill, the business centre, and the Byward market with restaurants and entertainment, it made staying over in sleepy Ottawa a pure joy, particularly with the Rideau Canal right across the street, making both early morning and after dinner walks easy and beautiful.

My last stay at the Westin Ottawa was no different. Now living in Ottawa, I don't get to stay there as often, but a night on the town at the National Arts Centre and dinner out meant that a night at the Westin was in order. Same amazing service and the valet parking attendant even remembered my name. How's that for service?

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room, not too high, facing Parliament Hill and the Rideau Canal which is amazing at night...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear TubeGuyOttawa,

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your experiences with us. 100 stays is quite a milestone, and I am honoured that you have chosen The Westin Ottawa as your home away from home so many times over. I am even more pleased to hear that we not only left a lasting impression with you, but that YOU left a lasting impression with our staff members, and that they remembered you during your most recent stay. Although I understand you are now a resident of our lovely city, I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for many milestones to come.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Came for a sales trip to Ottawa and loved this hotel! Comfortable and great location!

• Stayed November 2011