2 people are viewing this hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$148
US$148
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
US$136
Expedia.comUS$148
Hotels.comUS$148
AlgotelsUS$167
1,460 results
All reviews the concierge lounge kent street air hockey parliament hill corner room byward market self parking walking distance front desk staff bit dated business trip hotel restaurant king bed downtown core convenient location rideau canal spin
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2019

I just called and checked with Marriott, there is no baby sitting at this location. Please update your site. This is an issue with tripadvisor site I believe, as Marriot side does not mention babysitting. Same issue with other hotels as well.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019

I was lucky to get a room on the 26th floor with an outstanding view across the river. The room and bathroom looked quite new (maybe recent renovation) and were quite spacious. Staff at check in and in the lounge were quite friendly and helpful. Overall great experience, and I'll definitely return.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2019

I arrived to Ottawa on an early train and was pleased that a room was available for me to check in. The room was comfortable with a very good view of the river. I enjoyed a Starbucks off the lobby, the business centre and the fitness room. The attached restaurant has a varied menu and comfortable seating.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2019

I've stayed here to visit family as well as for business meetings. The rooms are typical of many Marriott hotels in North America. This property needs renovating. The bathroom is particularly old fashioned, small, with an overhead shower in a bathtub and a gross old shower curtain. The bed, linen and pillows are reasonably comfortable. I had trouble controlling the room temperature, as the AC blasted unless I raised the thermostat to 22.5C!
The elevators are old and the one to the garage is the dirtiest I have ever seen in a hotel. Views of Ottawa are spectacular from higher floors, but not from my room.
The food was average or less (buffets tried only).
Front desk staff were unfriendly and poorly trained (sent me to wrong location for meeting room).
I had to stay here for a business meeting. I would not choose to stay here on my pocket.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank thetraveldoc
OttawaMarriottHotel, Rooms Operations Manager at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay. We appreciate the high score for the hotel location but are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay overall. Your comments have been share with the appropriate hotel teams as we strive to deliver a memorable hotel experience. We hope we have the opportunity to better serve you should you return to Ottawa.
Sincerely
Beverly B
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Was here for business. Rooms are adequate, not more. Proximity to most things of import is convenient. Room decor is dated and needs upgrading. Rusty bath tub, ceiling flaking, walls stained. Not a great place to have to come back to after a long day of meetings. Elevators seem to be too few for demand and are noisy. Also may miss floors despite button lit. Sound like freight trains all night long. Ear plugs a must. Staff are friendly and service is a plus.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JohnfromYEG
OttawaMarriottHotel, Manager at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Hello.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that the service you received was friendly. I'm sorry to hear that you found the elevators and and room unsatisfactory. I have shared your comments with our maintenance and renovation teams to help us in the future.

Thanks again and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.