Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Hotels
US$148
US$148
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
US$136
Expedia.comUS$148
Hotels.comUS$148
AlgotelsUS$167
1,460 results
All reviews the concierge lounge kent street air hockey parliament hill corner room byward market self parking walking distance front desk staff bit dated business trip hotel restaurant king bed downtown core convenient location rideau canal spin
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019

When I checked out of Ottawa Marriott they asked me how was my stay....I said the breakfast was delicious and the room was nice and spacious but there were 3 things wrong-
1. Requested extra towels - had to call twice and wait 30 minutes
2. The internet was terrible. On my first night I ended up leaving my room and going down to the business centre to work there so I could use the Marriott Lobby wifi network instead of the Marriott Guest network. On Tuesday and Wednesday nights, when I connected to Marriott Guest wifi I didn’t get the option for free or premium. I got automatically connected to the free one. I kept getting disconnected from the free one. I called front desk and they transferred me to tech support - active networks. They manually put my device into the premium 5 GHZ network but throughout the night I kept dropping off of it and onto the free 2.4 GHZ one without warning. I would check my connection properties and see this whenever the internet was slow or wifi was connected but had “no internet connection”. This is a hotel for business travellers - how can the wifi be this terrible?
3. Only 1 working but very very slow elevator for 4 or 5 floors of parking and a long wait to get onto it. Some elevator buttons don’t work. Some elevator buttons don’t light up.

So they refunded me for my 3 breakfasts - nice gesture but they really need to fix these issues ASAP.

One thing I didn’t mention was when I requested a heater it took 30 minutes to arrive. The service is too slow for a fancy hotel like this.

Despite these unpleasant experiences I like using their gym and I like eating breakfast at the spin restaurant. The buffet has a lot of variety and it is reasonably priced. They make great omelettes.

Trip type: Travelled on business
OttawaMarriottHotel, Rooms Operations Manager at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel with us. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and know that all of your feedback was shared with the appropriate hotel teams.
Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope your travels bring you back to Marriott in the future.
Beverly B
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

Ottawa is a small city. This Marriott locates right in the center, we can see Supreme Court in front of us from our room. Do visit the lounge where you can go to the balcony and take some panoramic shots. The lounge do not provide wine/spirits, which is a pity, but staffs were very friendly. it is an above average Marriott.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 134ziyuex
Reviewed July 9, 2019

This is my preferred hotel when visiting Ottawa over the last 12 years. Room are spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful. I often have the morning buffet at the Spin restaurant on the ground floor. The breakfast staff is super nice. In particular Betty. She makes one feel at home and is genuinely interested in taking care of you and making sure you have great experience during your visit. The buffet I find is healthy and tasty which helps get my day off to good start.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Booked this hotel on Hotwire and it was a 4star - definitely not a 4star. We stayed for 1 day in a king plus pull out coach for my family of 4 and the pull out coach was really uncomfortable. Then we went to Montreal for a day and came back and were given a room with 2 double beds (maybe they were queens) and the room was really small. Beds only ok comfort. The air conditioning didn’t work great. The most annoying part was that the elevator to the garage didn’t work 1/2 the time. There were huge lineups for the elevator that did work when it did.

Date of stay: July 2019
OttawaMarriottHotel, Rooms Operations Manager at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Ottawa. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please know that your comments have been shared with the appropriate hotels teams as we are committed to improving our operations and service. We hope your travels bring you back to Marriott again in the future.
Beverly B
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

Before my stay I already knew what to expect when I book at a Marriott property. The Ottawa Marriott definitely met my expectation. Rooms are good in general, but it felt slightly older than the impression I got from the exterior. The hallways and elevators needed some attention as well. But those are minor issues, and I was well aware of the age of the hotel before check-in. However, what bothered me was the spider issue that I had with my lovely city-view floor-to-ceiling window - they are absolutely everywhere! They can’t really enter the room by the look of things but man, instead of the city I feel like I’m looking at a spider exhibition when I look out of the window! This seemed to be a common issue because I saw the same from the club lounge. I know they don’t do any harm and catch mosquitoes for us but please do something so they are not in the way of the nice city view!

Date of stay: June 2019