“Best Shawarma in Ottawa!”
Review of Ozzy Food Market

Ozzy Food Market
Ranked #876 of 3,155 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Lebanese
Description: A nice little dine-in and take-out restaurant. With a little lebanese bakery. Serves shawarma, pie/breads, Does catering for special events, even has a trailer (kitchen on wheels) we could take to your party. There is a butcher shop and some Lebanese groceries on site as well.
Reviewed July 4, 2012

In my opinion, the best shawarma in Ontario can only be found in Ottawa and now I know where to find the best shawarma in Ottawa: Ozzy Food Market!
We were visiting a friend in Riverside and she recommended this place; said it was the only place they go to now since discovering it. She said it has the best shawarma and, boy, was she right.

This place is a hybrid shawarma counter, restaurant, meat shop and Lebanese grocery.
We were greeted by a cheerful man behind the shawarma counter as we came in ( I wish I had asked his name!). He was incredibly friendly and served us with gusto even giving us a sample of the chicken before he put in in the my sandwich.
Boy, is the chicken delicious: tender, juicy, hot and flavourful!
My husband got the lamb which I haven't seen offered anywhere else. He said it was -very- good.

We ordered medium sandwiches, which is about the size of a large at every other place I've been to.
Because this place is also a bit of a grocery, they have a good selection of bakery goods for dessert. We bought a cookie and a square of baklava. Very tasty.

Bottom line: We will visit this place again when we go to Ottawa even though it is out of our way. If you're in the south end of Ottawa, it's not a far drive from Bank and Walkley... so go!!

Date of visit: July 2012
2  Thank CanJamHolland

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Ozzy Food Market offers by far the best shawarma I have ever had. The meat is always hot, fresh, very flavourful and tender. They even allow you to taste test the meat prior to preparing your meal. Their baklava is delicious and not overdone with respect to being too sweet. Aside from the delicious food, the service goes above and beyond most restaurants, where Ozzy's gets to know the customers and create a friendly atmosphere. Although they are not located in a major commercial area, they are completely worth the trip.

Date of visit: January 2012
3  Thank Otown_girl84
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Great service and great Lebanese food of all places in Ottawa.

3  Thank Ron J
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I love this restaurant. The food is excellent quality, prepared fresh and consistently delicious. Portions are large and the service is absolutely excellent. Very friendly and accommodating people who make great food.

Date of visit: January 2012
3  Thank advisetrip
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. When you walk through the door, you can smell the real charcoal they use for the BBQ and the staff was really friendly. Highly recommended to anyone that appreciates good Lebanese food. There is also a butcher shop in the back so the meat served in the restaurant is always really fresh.

Date of visit: March 2011