“Good service old fries”

The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro
Ranked #289 of 2,899 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We make the World's Best BURGERS. PERIOD.
Reviewed 20 January 2017

The fries first eaten were old; I arrived at the end of the lunch service, so cook just gave me left over fries. However, the refill fries were freshly made then. My burger came with a sunny-side up egg that was undercooked (egg white still very liquid) and the patty over cooked (very dry).

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I popped by for dinner during the week. The service was prompt and the staff friendly.

Our Tower of Rings arrived promptly and was very good. Sadly there were less rings than would have been nice.

I ordered a Love Goat while my wife ordered Just Beachy or something like that. We had then bunless so really it was like a fancy Salsbury steak instead of a burger. The meat was a little dry but otherwise quite flavourful.

Sadly it was expensive. App and two meals with only water to drink came out to $50.00 before tip. Good food but not the best value for money.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We visited with our family -- Burgers were good!! Some had French Fry Pouteen. -- very tasty! We had Cheddar Stuffed Burger!! Very good taste!! Order of onion rings were mediocre!! Milk Shakes were ok! Large is huge!!

Service was good!!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Everything was extremely cooked and dry: meat (which is important though), onion rings, buns, fries...
restaurant not too clean (washrooms included).
Ordinary service. Waitress seemed bored even if it was the begining of the evening service. Alcohol expensive (glass of wine and beer).
You can certainly find a better place for this price in this area. We were desapointed.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Went to the works tonight with my daughter for dinner. It was busy but we were seated quite quickly and the host asked if it was our first time there, gave us a rundown of their promos etc. Server was very good but by the end when we were finished and wanted our bill, it took a little too long. We ordered the Malibu meltdown and the kamikaze burgers. No prob substituting the cheddar cheese for goat cheese on my kamikaze. With one 9 oz glass of wine and 1 ginger die (bottomless), our bill was $47.61. Definitely worth a visit!