“Ho Hum Burger”

The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro
Ranked #306 of 2,989 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We make the World's Best BURGERS. PERIOD.
Reviewed March 12, 2017

The other day we went for lunch with some friends. The atmosphere is eclectic and noisy. We had to ask to have the music turned down to hear ourselves talk, which they promptly did. The service was prompt but the food took a while to arrive and it was luke warm when it did. I have had much better burgers and fries elsewhere in restaurants which do not specialise in burgers & fries so this was a disappointment. The novelty appears to be the number of topping choices one has. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable about food sensitivities and my wife was able to get a gluten free bun. We ordered coffee at the end of the meal and had to wait for it to be brewed as they pointed out they only have one coffee pot.

Reviewed March 4, 2017

Went there multiple time because of coupon, big one get 1 free ....

It was great, just thinking about how to order the burger was a headache. Sometime so many choice becomes just too many.

If you know what you wanted, that be great but if you don't (like me), everytime I looked at the menu, it is a big headache.

Enjoy the burger and the onion ring is good too.

Reviewed February 9, 2017

First time at this location. Service was great and the food even better. Very tasty burgers that left no room for dessert!
Very nice spot.

Reviewed January 20, 2017

The fries first eaten were old; I arrived at the end of the lunch service, so cook just gave me left over fries. However, the refill fries were freshly made then. My burger came with a sunny-side up egg that was undercooked (egg white still very liquid) and the patty over cooked (very dry).

Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I popped by for dinner during the week. The service was prompt and the staff friendly.

Our Tower of Rings arrived promptly and was very good. Sadly there were less rings than would have been nice.

I ordered a Love Goat while my wife ordered Just Beachy or something like that. We had then bunless so really it was like a fancy Salsbury steak instead of a burger. The meat was a little dry but otherwise quite flavourful.

Sadly it was expensive. App and two meals with only water to drink came out to $50.00 before tip. Good food but not the best value for money.