“new ownership but...”

Cuisines: Contemporary
ottawa
“new ownership but...”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have been eating at CC for years. It is our office main place for lunch. Whether Eat-in or take out, it is always delicious and the variety of items does not allow you to get bored with the food. Soups are great, salads are great, sandwiches are too. The gentleman who used to serve at the cash was amazingly friendly, it was a pleasure togo there. When the owner changed however, I really missed not seeing him anymore....but I had one hope: the rude lady at the counter would go too, but she seems to be rooted to the place. Last time I was there she barked at me because I was chosing a salad that was not part of the special ! She has a talent for making the CC experience a real disaster, making you feel unwelcome, just wanting to EAT OUT... I hope someone will notice that and act accordingly.
Today I had someone pick up lunch for us. No drop in and eat in....food was fabulous !!!

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank lakomka2003

Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious paninis and treats on Rideau”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I had driven by Culinary Conspiracy many times but only recently went there for lunch when a friend suggested we go. What a find! They have delicious sandwiches for lunch, great coffee and tea, and lots of interesting salads / mains to eat there or take home. Their main business seems to be catering, but there are tables set up where you can have lunch (and I think brunch as well, though I've never tried it). It's not cheap (though the sandwiches are reasonable) but the quality is excellent. They also sell delicious Art Is In Bakery bread (not lots of variety, but what they have is tasty), and have a dessert counter.
There isn't much like it in this area so it's been a great discovery. There's also free parking on the east side of the building.

1 Thank snadersnap