“It was good with the previous owner”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Culinary Conspiracy
Ranked #1,266 of 2,786 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Contemporary
Ottawa, Canada
“It was good with the previous owner”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

On the first of May 2013, my daughter and I got the brisket sandwich and we both got sick. On the seventh I told my brother to be careful with the meet sandwich, but he got the pork sandwich for lunch anyway. He notices that the pork wasn't completely cooked and he disposed of half of it, but it was too late. During the night everything came out from both ends. He was very sick and since he was here from Montreal on a job he couldn't finish it and had to return early.
The owner of this restaurant should be arrested for being so careless with is food.

• Visited May 2013

Ottawa
“New ownership, big changes”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The transfer of ownership from an original owner to anyone new is tough, but to do this while keeping 75% of the staff (100% of the good staff) is even tougher. I've spent years coming to this place as a customer and have seen both sides of the staffing and the ownership, old and new.

The new owner seems very excited to take this business on, keeping the amazing things that built it, and adding new determination to everything else.

New retail management and staff seems to be helping make the place more welcoming too.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Bradley C
ottawa
“new ownership but...”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have been eating at CC for years. It is our office main place for lunch. Whether Eat-in or take out, it is always delicious and the variety of items does not allow you to get bored with the food. Soups are great, salads are great, sandwiches are too. The gentleman who used to serve at the cash was amazingly friendly, it was a pleasure togo there. When the owner changed however, I really missed not seeing him anymore....but I had one hope: the rude lady at the counter would go too, but she seems to be rooted to the place. Last time I was there she barked at me because I was chosing a salad that was not part of the special ! She has a talent for making the CC experience a real disaster, making you feel unwelcome, just wanting to EAT OUT... I hope someone will notice that and act accordingly.
Today I had someone pick up lunch for us. No drop in and eat in....food was fabulous !!!

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank lakomka2003
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious paninis and treats on Rideau”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I had driven by Culinary Conspiracy many times but only recently went there for lunch when a friend suggested we go. What a find! They have delicious sandwiches for lunch, great coffee and tea, and lots of interesting salads / mains to eat there or take home. Their main business seems to be catering, but there are tables set up where you can have lunch (and I think brunch as well, though I've never tried it). It's not cheap (though the sandwiches are reasonable) but the quality is excellent. They also sell delicious Art Is In Bakery bread (not lots of variety, but what they have is tasty), and have a dessert counter.
There isn't much like it in this area so it's been a great discovery. There's also free parking on the east side of the building.

1 Thank snadersnap