“Great place for a quick bite”

Culinary Conspiracy
Ranked #1,698 of 2,929 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice soup and sandwich combos, home-made at a reasonable price. I like the colourful plates they use to serve the food in! They do catering, but I have not tried that yet.

2  Thank ScaredySquirrel

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been eating here off and on as a treat for years now. It has never disappointed me.
The food is always great and everything else that goes with it.

2  Thank TravellingDanOttawa
Reviewed May 9, 2013

On the first of May 2013, my daughter and I got the brisket sandwich and we both got sick. On the seventh I told my brother to be careful with the meet sandwich, but he got the pork sandwich for lunch anyway. He notices that the pork wasn't completely cooked and he disposed of half of it, but it was too late. During the night everything came out from both ends. He was very sick and since he was here from Montreal on a job he couldn't finish it and had to return early.
The owner of this restaurant should be arrested for being so careless with is food.

1  Thank Norbert F
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The transfer of ownership from an original owner to anyone new is tough, but to do this while keeping 75% of the staff (100% of the good staff) is even tougher. I've spent years coming to this place as a customer and have seen both sides of the staffing and the ownership, old and new.

The new owner seems very excited to take this business on, keeping the amazing things that built it, and adding new determination to everything else.

New retail management and staff seems to be helping make the place more welcoming too.

3  Thank Bradley C
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been eating at CC for years. It is our office main place for lunch. Whether Eat-in or take out, it is always delicious and the variety of items does not allow you to get bored with the food. Soups are great, salads are great, sandwiches are too. The gentleman who used to serve at the cash was amazingly friendly, it was a pleasure togo there. When the owner changed however, I really missed not seeing him anymore....but I had one hope: the rude lady at the counter would go too, but she seems to be rooted to the place. Last time I was there she barked at me because I was chosing a salad that was not part of the special ! She has a talent for making the CC experience a real disaster, making you feel unwelcome, just wanting to EAT OUT... I hope someone will notice that and act accordingly.
Today I had someone pick up lunch for us. No drop in and eat in....food was fabulous !!!

4  Thank lakomka2003