“A surpise near Hog's Back falls in Ottawa”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Culinary Conspiracy
Ranked #1,263 of 2,786 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Contemporary
Ottawa, Canada
“A surpise near Hog's Back falls in Ottawa”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was taking my kids to visit Pirate Adventures near Hog's Back in Ottawa and we decided to stop by the small facility near the falls for a bite. I admit I was not expecting much, as the location (pseudo-touristy) suggested elevated prices for mediocre quality. I ordered a veggie wrap and the kids wanted chicken tenders with fries, for prices somewhat higher (but not much higher) than a regular fast-food outlet. What a pleasant surprise the food was! In the words of my eldest son, "this food is AWESOME!". The chicken tenders were outstanding and the veggie wrap was equally good. Unfortunately I do not visit Hog's Back, or nearby Mooney's Bay, all that often; otherwise I would be coming back asap. As it stands, I will make an effort to drop by the main restaurant on Industrial Avenue. I hope they can make the Hog's Back location survive long enough for my next visit, next summer.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Paul N

Ottawa, Canada
“Culinary delight tucked away on a busy street”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife suggested this new place to me, trying to expand my hamburger horizons. Small place, lots of lunch time prep going on in the kitchen for their catering service. Hamburger was excellent, hand made with local beef. Nice draft beer to accompany. Service was acceptable, not in your face. Will certainly add to my list of a good hamburger place. Reasonably priced with soups and salads available.

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Very good food for the value”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a small take out place of specially made daily dishes. From vegan, vegetarian to fish and meat lovers. There is something for everyone. The place is divided in two. On one side savoury dishes and the other sweet. There are a few tables inside to eat and on their front veranda (not in winter). The food is prepared fresh daily and is very good. It is located on the northeast side of Rideau St. in an old victorian house.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank danielle m
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place for a quick bite”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Nice soup and sandwich combos, home-made at a reasonable price. I like the colourful plates they use to serve the food in! They do catering, but I have not tried that yet.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank ScaredySquirrel
Ottawa
“Always great”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I have been eating here off and on as a treat for years now. It has never disappointed me.
The food is always great and everything else that goes with it.

• Visited May 2013