“Delightful”
Review of Ashbury House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ottawa
Ashbury House B&B
Ranked #6 of 54 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The Ashbury House is located in the Glebe area of Ottawa. Very close to museums, great restaurants and shops. This beautiful home is in a neighborhood of similar old, large well kept homes. It was fun walking around the neighborhood enjoying the architecture.
The inn keepers, Charmaine and George could not have been any kinder and welcoming! We felt comfortable and at home right away. They even upgraded us to a suite as a nice surprise. The bed was so comfy , really soft nice sheets and good pillows too.
Ottawa is great for biking and George was so helpful in providing us with good information on where to go.
The breakfasts were yummy & conversation at the table lively& interesting.
Everyone that we met in Ottawa was very friendly. I love this city.
I highly recommend the Ashbury house to anyone that wants a great value . This beats a hotel any day! We travel frequently and prefer B&B's.
Don't miss this one!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ashbury House B&B

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Charmayne and George are very welcoming and had helpful suggestions of places to go. George helped park the car until I got used to it. I stayed 5 days here with a comfortable queen bed. The air conditioner kept the room very comfortable and I had a sound sleep. There is a private bathroom with shower , easy chairs, closet and dresser. My only problem was that the mirrors were all high, so not so convenient for someone 5 feet tall.
The hot breakfast was different every morning and tasted wonderful. The neighbourhood is quiet and close to places I wanted to go. I li

Room Tip: Price is per person.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We arrived here early afternoon and Charmaine wasn't in the least put out and provided us with hot drinks and apple crumble while we sat on her front porch until our room was ready. We had booked the Mulberry room but Charmaine had decided to upgrade us to the apartment which takes up the top floor of the house so we had a very spacious suite. This comprised a large lounge and dining area, kitchen, bathroom, balcony plus one double and one twin bedroom. the B & B has off road parking for all guests and is situated on a pleasant residential street. Charmaine's breakfasts offered something for everyone and there was plenty of it. It was all served at the very large and elegant dining table downstairs. Both Charmaine and George are very hospitable hosts. The B & B is within very easy walking distance of Bank Street where there is an exceedingly frequent bus service to downtown Ottawa. You can purchase bus tickets at the nearby grocery store. We took advantage of this and left our car on the B & B parking lot for the duration of our stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2016

George and Charmaine make you feel comfortable since the arrival, such a lovely and kind couple. Our room was big, cozy and the bed was fantastic. It has an excellent location near Bank St. and Carleton which was great for us. The breakfast is wonderful with fresh fruit and bacon! George and Charmaine were always available and helped us a lot during our stay since we were moving to Canada and needed a few tips about the city. We'll definitely recommend to all our friends and relatives visiting the city.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016

We booked before my partner sadly passed away but i decided to make the trip anyway as we were intending to visit a friend who lives nearby.

I'm really pleased that I decided to go. Breakfasts were amazing, the company lively and interesting and Charmaine and George looked after me brilliantly.

You have to try the warm apple pie, it's delicious.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Charmaine and George make your stay perfect. This B&B is located close to 417 and close to public transit to get downtown.
The rooms and beds are comfortable and the breakfast is delicious. We like the Magnolia Suite which has a door between 2 separate sleeping areas.
This B&B doesn't have central a/c, but our room had in room a/c and fans so that was fine.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I still die for Sharmaine's Crumble Apple Pie
Omg!!! Never had one better in my whole life...
Beds are so comfortable, I basically have been in all their rooms.
Georges and Sharmaine and amazing hosts, always giving tips about places, where go out, to eat and much more
They are always available even for a chichat, how cannot feel home staying at their place.... Impossible!
Can't wait to go back and have that amazing pie besides my ned on top of my night table and that tasty breakfast in the morning
Thanks again to have make me so great memories about Ottawa guys
Cheers, Andrea