I've gone by The Business Inn may times. My son had just finished his second year at law school (the proud father said). He was subletting his apartment located across the street. His mother and I were there to clean and - well that was about it. We had very little time to spend in the room. It was a pleasure to find the room (the signature suit) so large. I was assuming that they would have been back to the basics, small, drab and with a ambient that said 'sucker'. Beautifully furnished with Group of Seven prints on the walls, heck the whole group of seven could have shared the room. Too bad Group of Seven isn't around today to paint scenes of people looking down at their smartphones.
There was a full kitchen, but then again we didn't have time to use it. I'm not much of a cook. I don't use Hamburger Helper, I use Hamburger Helper, Helper, Helper. I guess the gym would have been good too, but I'm thinking of maybe giving up on my Olympic dream.
The free continental breakfast was one thing I did't miss out on. Other hotels think the continent of Antarctic was the inspiration for that type of service. They had everything from soup to nuts, but no soup or nuts. I had the waffles, but there were plenty of choices. If you would have cereal over waffles raise your hand. Now use that hand and slap your face.
They aren't catering to families, so there's things missing like swimming pools. Sure, maybe I shouldn't be practicing my swimming strokes in the lobby, but then sitting there wearing my new goggles would look pretty silly.
Value for the money and yes I would recommend the hotel to other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spread your paperwork over large desk tables, relax on the comfortable living room sofas and wake up refreshed in a king size bed. If your family is traveling on business with you, our spacious suites feature fully equipped kitchens and household amenities to satisfy their needs as well. Located at the central hot-spot of Ottawa. Locals and visitors enjoy dinner, dancing and live music. 24 hour diners, Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal and the ByWard Market are within walking distance, making The Business Inn the perfect location when staying in Ottawa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Business Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Business Hotel Ottawa
- Business Hotel Ottawa
- The Business Inn & Suites Ottawa, Ontario