“Outstanding Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Kingston, Canada
“Outstanding Hotel”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Greeted by a friendly and courteous staff we enjoyed staying in a large suite with full kitchen, king sized bed, computer and fully equipped kitchen. Large windows overlooked Elgin Street and the draperies were totally effective in blocking out the flashing neon lights of this busy thoroughfare. Breakfast was substantial with a sensible, healthy variety of food as well as a thoughtful and courteous attendant. A great place to stay if your visiting Ottawa to watch the "Changing of the Guard" this summer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2012

It was my first time at the Business Inn. Chose it from reviews on TripAdvisor. There were 3 of us in an Executive suite with one king bed and a pull out sofa. The room was huge, nicely laid out with kitchen, and separate bedroom. There was also a balcony. This is a great location, walking distance to Parliament Hill, Byward Market and the Rideau Canal. Steps away from lots of restaurants and pubs on Elgin Street.

The room was clean and the hotel provides continental breakfast with a good selection of items. They also have free laundry with free detergent. I was able to take advantage of this service and really appreciated it.

Would definitely stay here again when in Ottawa.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Williamswood
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This was my second time staying in the business Inn in Ottawa. What a fantastic value. We had a whole apartment with a balcony for about $125 a night. It's within walking distance of Parliament hill, Byward market, and many pubs, restaurants and shops. The breakfast leaves a bit to be desired, but you can get a little something to start your day. I would stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Bethesda
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This hotel was really amazing. We got a suite with a kitchen and balcony in downtown Ottawa for a pretty reasonable rate (around $160 after taxes). The staff was very friendly and the hotel is conveniantly located in the center of the city with coveniant parking available. I would definitley recommend staying here for any stay in Ottawa. The matress was so comfortable!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank miller20817
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I've gone by The Business Inn may times. My son had just finished his second year at law school (the proud father said). He was subletting his apartment located across the street. His mother and I were there to clean and - well that was about it. We had very little time to spend in the room. It was a pleasure to find the room (the signature suit) so large. I was assuming that they would have been back to the basics, small, drab and with a ambient that said 'sucker'. Beautifully furnished with Group of Seven prints on the walls, heck the whole group of seven could have shared the room. Too bad Group of Seven isn't around today to paint scenes of people looking down at their smartphones.

There was a full kitchen, but then again we didn't have time to use it. I'm not much of a cook. I don't use Hamburger Helper, I use Hamburger Helper, Helper, Helper. I guess the gym would have been good too, but I'm thinking of maybe giving up on my Olympic dream.

The free continental breakfast was one thing I did't miss out on. Other hotels think the continent of Antarctic was the inspiration for that type of service. They had everything from soup to nuts, but no soup or nuts. I had the waffles, but there were plenty of choices. If you would have cereal over waffles raise your hand. Now use that hand and slap your face.

They aren't catering to families, so there's things missing like swimming pools. Sure, maybe I shouldn't be practicing my swimming strokes in the lobby, but then sitting there wearing my new goggles would look pretty silly.

Value for the money and yes I would recommend the hotel to other.

Room Tip: Ask for room 307 that's were they service the continental breakfast - breakfast in bed and new f...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 25 April 2012

A lot of reviews comment on the fact that this hotel is "dated".. ....Yes it is but it is by far the cleanest place that I stay when I am on the road. There are no surprises, you can guarantee that your room will be spotless. the cleaning staff deserve 10 thumbs up for the wonderful job that they do. I do not know how a hotel can find such hard workers that can maintain the high standards of this hotel.
Yes it is dated but it is so comfortable and so clean I could never stay anywhere else.
The beds are one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept in, ( I almost hate to get up)
For me it is a home away from home, having a full kitchen is a bonus so that you can prepare meals yourself.
Highly recommend this wonderful place with its great staff, especially Julie at the front desk.

Room Tip: Parking is limited so arrive early to get a spot
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I had previously reviewed this hotel and gave it an average rating and did slam it a bit in my review. My rating has improved because on reflection I realize the management was not totally responsible for the problem. My complaint included a significant scent of smoke in the unit and a lumpy mattress. The hotel management has communicated with me and explained the reasons for both of these problems. The smoke related to the previous tenant of the unit and the lumpy mattress was caused by a well meaning but misguided employee. The management has resolved the lumpy mattress problem by more education for the employees. A solution I totally agree with. I found the hotel had friendly attentive service staff and see that the management has a similar attitude. Good on you.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family