New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Brookstreet Hotel
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersGold level
Guadalajara
“Nice Hotel too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Charge for internet and parking??? no thanks!
Good service, nice gym expected to receive more for the money I paid.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Calvinsgc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

After checking into a horrible best western getting sick and having to race around to find another hotel at 6 pm, this Brookstreet was a godsend! I was ever so grateful to get a junior suite, so nicely decorated, very very clean, lots of work space, couch desk chairs, 2 tvs, floor to ceiling windows, gorgeous bathroom with seperate bathtub and shower, bathrobe, iron, umbrella, seperate large bedroom with wonderfully comfortable king sized bed, bedroom also has tv but in a cabinet so you can choose to not see it, great idea! Wicked cool alarm clock that slowly wakes you soft beeps getting louder as seconds go by, nicer gentler way to awake, bar area in room, great restaurant and bar in hotel, as I was on business I had to work all night so I ordered room service, great chef homemade delicious foods! I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2012
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We purchased a package & it was great value. Dinner was excellent. Service is the best. The food & wine selection is exemplary. Breakfast was a little disappointing as it was at the end of the buffet...should have ordered off the menu...but again the service was very accommodating.
The beds were comfortable & clean & very, very quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Good rooms with good beds and facilities. Personal feeling to the service as you do not feel you are in just another chain hotel.

Regular food good and finer dining also very good quality.

The best gym of any hotel I have been in internationally - not just machines, but weights, and other exercise regime equipment.

I go many times a year and it is one of those hotels that you feel a certain sense of comfort going to.

• Stayed March 2012
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

The hotel is very nice with excellent amenities. Our room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Our only complaint is the adjoining room door. We did not need a adjoining room but we were put in one. The noise coming from the room next door was very loud. We could hear the people talking and I am sure they could hear our baby crying. If you do not need an adjoining room but get one ask to switch asap! Yes parking was $12 and internet is extra but besides that we had a great stay!

Room Tip: Do not get a connecting room!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed on a Friday night. Had a Travelzoo voucher, purchased in December. Wanted to stay on the Saturday instead but had to stay this night because the lady at reservations told me it wasnt valid for the 24th of March. Voucher clearly has exclusion dates written on it, the 24th was fine yet no go. Didnt feel like arguing, only stayed at hotel to use voucher.
Check in was great, parked on site. $11.95, not sure why. Front parking lot is huge, no cars in it. Anyway, settled in, all was fine, brought laptop to do work. Complaint here: the TV doesnt swivel enough to be able to sit at the desk while I am on the computer, to be able to see the TV. I had hours of compter work and was unable to watch TV at same time. It swiveled halfway so the screen was cutoff. This may seem petty but the remote was a nightmare. The response time to the TV was brutal. Not to mention there were so many buttons on it, which made them tiny.
These things may seem petty but I stay in a lot of hotels for work and i like to be ablel to see the TV while i am sitting at the desk. This is one of the first places where I was not able to do that.
Now comes the fun. Everything was fine until around 9:30 when 3 guys checked into the room beside me. The walls were like paper. I heard everything they said, until they went down to the bar an hour later. That was fine until I realised that they would be coming back late, most likely loaded. They stumbled in around 1am, drunk, loud and idiotic. They noise was unbelievable. I could clearly hear every word they said. I cant believ how thin the walls are. Even the hallway noises were crazy loud. I guess I could have asked to change rooms but I didnt feel like moving my stuff at 1am.
I pais $99 for the room but the advertised rate was $179. If I had paid that, I would have been very upset. As it was, this experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. I also noticed when I checked out that I was charged $1.00 for a local phone call to order a pizza. Really?
Rooom was nice, bed was very comfortable. View was good, people were nice.
I tethered my iphone to my laptop, Wifi is like $13.
I wouls stay again, although I would get a corner room, away from elevators and alot of the noise.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, away from the noise. Dont get a room with joinging doors.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Dave J
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your detailed feedback. We regret that your experience was impacted by noisy guests. If you had contacted our Guest Services Team, we would have advised your noisy neighbours that their sound levels were unacceptable as the comfort of all of our guests is of great importance to us. We'd be pleased to welcome you in future and suggest that you check out our all-inclusive packages, some of which include WiFi and parking for great value. We also have a new one hour WiFi package for just $5.95 for quick access. Your other comments will be shared with our Operations Director for review.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

No complaints ... The only negative points are the charges for the wifi and the parking. If for some reason there has to be a charge, atleast offer reoccurring guests or multiple nights guests better pricing

• Stayed March 2012