“sweet little secret tucked away in urban sprawl mall”
Review of Aperitivo

Aperitivo
Ranked #10 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Ms. Google Map didn't prepare me for the job it took to find this place, but it's across from the theatre, adjacent to Central Brewery in the Kanata Centrum Shopping Centre. There aren't a lot of great restaurants in Ottawa's west end, but this is one of them. It's not cheap, but the fare is creative, palate-pleasing and delicious! This is one of those shared plates places, but they will do separate dinners as well. The menu varies with what is fresh and locally available, and ever bit of it from appetizers to dessert was a treat. The title doesn't lie: it's small; so make a reservation!

There are newer reviews for Aperitivo

Reviewed 6 April 2017

The menu is adventurous and varied. The chef prepares fresh dishes meticulously. Try the warm olives , then have the porchetta, but leave room for dessert. We like the lack of noise and warm atmosphere.

1  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed 1 April 2017

The menu here is very varied so now we simply ask the server to bring us a great selection of plates and she has never failed to impress.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

My wife and I frequent Aperitivo as often as we can (which isn't as often as we should!). Every visit is always a top notch experience. The menu choices change from time to time and always generate great conversation and debate between us about what we should choose. Sean and his staff provide amazing recommendations and insight. The fish tacos are always our favorite! I strongly recommend reservations. The location is ideal for both a light meal and drinks before/after a movie or as an in and of itself. A visit to Aperitivo is always a unique, flavorful, and enjoyable experience each time...strongly recommended!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Because we live downtown, my boyfriend and I waited a very long time before we visited Aperitivo, but it was well worth the wait! Our server answered all of our questions and helped us decide on a great meal and some fantastic wine to pair it with. All our food was excellent, but what absolutely floored me though were the figs with pistachios and house made ricotta. I've never tried anything like it before, but it was astounding! Although it's a little out of our normal price range, I think what you pay is definitely worth the quality of food that you are served. I hope they open another restaurant downtown...I'd love to eat there more often!