“Great spot for an amazing brunch”
Review of Gezellig

Gezellig
Ranked #22 of 3,112 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$14 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Modern, Hospitality-driven seasonal restaurant in the Westboro neighbourhood of Ottawa. Known for deeply caring service, delicious and approachable food and great value. Perfect for a casual lunch, family-friendly Sunday brunch or special dinner seven nights a week.
Reviewed March 10, 2016

Gezellig delivers a great brunch every time I go. Mentioning their breakfast poutine or dirty mac & cheese is enough to send my friends and I into delighted sighing. The music and atmosphere is upbeat and relaxed. The service is always excellent. I've gone for a romantic start to a Sunday and as a large group celebrating a wedding, and both experiences were lovely.

Reviewed March 7, 2016

I took an out of town girl friend who use to live in Ottawa ( >30 years ago) to show how far Ottawa restaurants have progressed. She was suitably impressed. Not a small task considering she has dined all over the world in multiple Micheline starred establishments. Also nice was that we took 3 hours (lunch) in order to catch up and not once did we feel we had to rush. With great food, reasonable prices and well paced service, we'll come back over and over again.

Reviewed March 7, 2016

I had the winter pasta, which was a fresh parpadelle with a mushroom medley, truffle oil and parmesan. Everything was so fresh and full of flavor. The oil infusion that we had with bread was also to die for. Very happy with the experience and can't go wrong with BYOB.

Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

Went for dinner with my hubby and the f I'd was amazing, the service was outstanding everyone was very friendly.
We had the tartare to start and it was very tasty my only complaint would be it came one minute after we ordered it, then one minute after we finished came out meal, we had the Cornish hen which was the best we've ever had and the gnocchi which were not to hot but very tasty.
Would definitely go back and would recommend we will perhaps just say we are taking our time.
The atmosphere is very chic and a great place for dinner and the lighting was perfect.

Reviewed March 4, 2016

Great service beginning from the initial phone call- where they had my wife's intolerance to gluten on my personal file. The server was enthusiastic, and the atmosphere is great- we were a group of 3 and it was easy to have a long conversation and hear one another. The food/wine was excellent. And, the price reasonable, for the quality of food and the service received.