“best sandwich I have ever tried!!”
Review of La Bottega

La Bottega
Ranked #10 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 April 2017

It does not look very special but it actually is. I read some online reviews before coming in and I was kind of sceptical wondering what can be so good about a sandwich. But this is not a sandwich - it's HEAVEN in your mouth! I just tried vegetarian one with different kind of cheese and it was awesome, the staff was very helpful as well. I'll deffinitely come back when I am in town.

2  Thank Karolina_Kolarikova
There are newer reviews for La Bottega

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Met a friend here for lunch while on my visit to Ottawa and was very impressed. We walked to the back of the store through an amazing selection of groceries (pastas, oils, dressings, chocolates and much, much more) through to the sandwich counter.

Ordering a sandwich here couldn't be much easier. Firstly, they're all the same price: $6.20. You firstly have to pick your bread from a selection of five or six options (I went for a soft ciabatta). Then you choose your meet from eight or 10 options, like Italian ham, roast beef, turkey, etc. Then pick the cheese you want, including mozzarella, provolone or Swiss. Then go for the condiments - mayo, a couple of different mustards and more. Finally, let the counter staff know what veggies you want.

I ended up with the soft ciabatta with Italian ham, mozza, mustard, lettuce and tomato. Delicious! The best sandwich I'd had in some time. Only two small problems - the sandwich was so big you had to hold it in two hands and there's no really a place to sit down inside to eat it. We had to go to a nearby food court. There were a couple of small tables outside but the snow/rain that day combined to force us indoors.

1  Thank Koz2662
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Amazing Italian grocer and small cafe with a sandwich counter as well. My favourite place to shop in Ottawa for Italian. Their sandwiches are amazing!

1  Thank Christine3131
Reviewed 25 March 2017

We popped into this great spot to get a sandwich to go....my daughter had been here before. They will make an amazing sandwich for you...you pick your bread, your two meat, your toppings etc...they package it up and off you go! We were able to share a sandwich and it was lots of food for the two of us. The latte was great and the guy serving us was super friendly. A very affordable lunch for the two of us with great food! There was a section of this shop where you could sit down to eat and order but we just went into the area where you can pick up things that are already made or have things made fresh to order. ....great spot in the Byward Market!

1  Thank michr
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in here for lunch. Really tasty reasonably priced food in a good atmosphere. Loads of great stuff in the store too.