“Average pub”
Review of Royal Oak

Royal Oak
Ranked #1,643 of 2,826 Restaurants in Ottawa
Reviewed 6 June 2017

This was a stones throw from my accommodations during my recent business trip to Ottawa. I tried it out one night with a friend because I was tired and didn't want to walk to the market.

It was nothing special; I certainly wouldn't recommend it or go out of my way to return. The food was edible and of decent quality. I'm sure this place specializes in attracting the university students for late-night business, so I doubt they care about their food quality.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch with our daughter on moving day. Didn't have any alcohol but the meals were good. The shepherds pie was tasty but had too many potatoes. The Gluten free options were limited. They had a gluten free wrap as a substitute for other bread. The roasted veggie wrap was excellent and the fries were crisp and hot.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

This is a pub well frequented by locals, students, professors from U. of Ottawa. Many an idea has been hatched here. Seems to me there used to be a better selection of beer on tap? as I used to remember servers highlighting brews. But Guiness always reliable on a rainy cold spring day that felt just like Ireland.
But I was quite surprised to learn that the bar could not do a margarita because the blender was broken! as a past bartender I certainly know how to crush ice manually and I was tempted to go back and show them!! sheesh. Not impressed.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent lunch with several customers. I was surprised and happy with the speed of service and the quality of food. My first time here and I tried the butter chicken from a very English pub menu. Chicken was delicious and every dish at table was eaten clean.

Thanks to Liz for great service.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Lovely pub with good good a friendly staff. Despite being very busy the wait for food was not long and when it arrived it was delicious.

Prices were reasonable - all in all a good meal