“The Mainstay of Little Italy - Bellisimo!!!!”
Review of Preston Street

Preston Street
Ranked #94 of 297 things to do in Ottawa
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Little Italy" section of Ottawa including a nice selection of restaurants.
Reviewed May 3, 2012

As a birthday gift last year, my daughter gave me a Spring Workshop in Little Italy prior to our visiting Rome that fall. The workshop was just a day, and was 'Italian for the Traveler'. I didn't think I would enjoy it, but it was fun - in one of the schools close to Preston Street. The others taking the course were all going to Italy that fall. After our course, we planned to take in a few of the bars and restaurants, expecially the Irish/Italian Pub. The weather was cool, normal for Ottawa even in late Spring. The old Prescott Hotel was not open when we went. A few of the other places were either open only after certain times, so we thought we would head right to the Italian/Irish one. It was really nice. Inside there were a lot of people, and of course - it had both flags on the outside and inside. What a great place. Stained glass windows, beautiful old wood, you had the feeling you were inside a church and then you see on each table The Beer Bible! Honestly, pages and pages of all the beers they sell. The atmosphere was great - both staff and patrons were lively and fun, and what a welcoming place. Made us look forward to our trip to Rome. When we did go to Rome, I was amazed at the number of Irish/Italian Pubs there were there. I guess I shouldn't have been, as being Irish descendant, and feeling like an adopted Italian, I know both races are 'bellisimo'.

All reviews
"evoo"
"dows"
"canal"

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Really enjoyed my meal there. Unfortunately I live too far away to return more often.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Wonderful place to come and relax, tons of places to eat and drink. Don't miss it if you're in town.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Preston Street is the heart of Little Italy. There are tons of restaurants, most of them good, but there is a lack of anything else (few shops or cafés.)

At one end of Preston is LeBreton Flats and the Ottawa River, and the other, Dow's Lake and the Dow's Lake Pavillion. All in all, a trip down Preston St is a nice stroll and worth the visit.

2  Thank Trillium_Family