“Fun Event, Entertaining Host”

Time Travel Trail Adventure!
Ranked #21 of 61 Outdoor Activities in Ottawa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Walked the trail last night with spouse. Host was amusing (esp. his time-travel get-up) and easy-going, and the factoids we learned of Ottawa's rather shady, rough-edged past, all the way from the top (Prime Minister) down to ordinary folk on the street were both interesting and entertaining, as presented by the host in a series of interactive, role-playing games. Recommend it to those looking for something fun and laid back to do in the downtown core that are also looking to learn a bit more about Ottawa's imperfect past.

All reviews
"haunted walk"
"lots of fun"
in 3 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

When I learned that my friend was planning a visit, I was excited to book the Time Travel Trail Adventure. She is a bit of a history buff and where better to explore history than in the nation's capital.
Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed with our tour. Our guide did her best, however, the tour was short on history and long on cheesiness. We were asked to wiggle and jump to activate the time travel, and were marched around the block unnecessarily. The only saving grace is that I had a groupon and did not pay full price for the tour.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

While planning our trip to Ottawa I came across this tour package and thought it sounded fun. Honestly, it didn't even come across as being funny or silly or anything - just sounded cool - a walking tour of Ottawa with a steampunk twist. I really wish I could remember our time traveler's name, however it was long, and multi-syllabic. I do recall it ended in a "the third" however. We had the fortune (or misfortune if you happen to be shy - we aren't) of being the only people that signed up for this particular tour so we had a nice private little tour. Which also meant that we got to take part in all the various interactive moments throughout the tour. Lots of fun was had! While some of the standard history of Ottawa is covered, other, more scandalous moments in history are also addressed.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

My husband and 13 year old son were in town visiting our 20 year old daughter and 18 year old niece. We all thought it would be fun to be tourists for a day, so I booked this tour. (I paid a very good price via Groupon for this attraction - check if available prior to paying full price). They don't explain this tour well, so we really had no idea what to expect. Essentially, it's an interactive history tour taking place around the area of Sparks street, Ottawa downtown and the grounds of Parliament. There were only 7 of us in our party, and all were good sports as audience participation occurs throughout. As my 13 year old said, "It gets less embarrassing as it goes on" LOL. We all came away with some new historical knowledge, a bit of exercise, and some memorable pictures. If you like history, and don't care what people think when they see you doing odd things (we don't), give this tour a try. 3 Cheers to our guide for keeping us entertained!

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 July 2016

My son is very nervous of anything paranormal. The Time Travel Trail was an excellent choice for us. Lady Paton is a great time travel guide, and gave us a whole new interesting way to observe Ottawa's statues! We had lots of laughs...this is an excellent interactive choice for kids and the young at heart. Be prepared to get lots of stares as you wander the streets with your guide in her wedding dress. Lots of fun! When we returned home, the Time Travel Trail was the first thing my son told his dad about his trip to Ottawa! Special thanks to Lady Paton for accomodating us!