“Really really good”

Ranked #457 of 3,001 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
Description: Brighten you palate with a taste of fine Indian cuisine at Taj-Mahal in Ottawa. We carry a full menu of Indian food that's sure to please all members of your family, as well as your friends. To make a reservation, please call us today.
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

DELICIOUS. We had: prawns puri, stuffed peppers, chicken vindaloo, tandoori chicken, naan, and rice. We enjoyed everything and were encouraged to "take our time" and enjoy the meal. Amazing. Thank you Shahid (you are a nice person) for making our evening out wonderful. Back again for sure. (Will go to Manchester, London, and Epsom next time in Uk.)

Reviewed June 5, 2017

This place was chosen by my wife's second cousin who is a regular and there's a reason for that: The food is very good and service is very good and attentive. Pappadoms are good, naan is good, rice is good and the curries are good. What else is there to say?

Reviewed May 22, 2017

We have not had a chance to eat here for some time although we have often spoken about returning. Tonight we found some time and were able to find a parking spot and get in. We had another wonderful meal.

The spices... the flavour, the very special tastes! This is one of a few special and favorite places for us to eat... always such a treat. Tonight it was prawn bhuna, chicken dhansak (not for the faint-hearted!), some white rice with peas and always freshly prepared tandoor naan bread.

Our waiter was new but, with the oversight of the owner efficient and helpful.

Only complaint was that we did not get any poppadoms with the special pickled condiments, so we had to wait without anything to munch on before our food arrived.

Looking forward to going back!

Reviewed May 13, 2017

I ordered food through Uber Eats tonight from Taj Mahal in the Glebe where I also reside. The driver brought out a leaking bag of mess. I looked inside and saw all 3 containers lying on their sides. The hot food was spilling out and I looked at the driver. Shawn the driver said to call the restaurant acknowledging the mess. He said he did not understand why the restaurant packed the containers on their sides. I hurried upstairs with the leaking bag and opened it in my kitchen sink. It was a mess! I called the restaurant after cleaning up to explain and ask how this is not a meal and not worth the $42.00 just paid.

Instead of trying to understand, the gentleman that answered the phone began to argue with me, stating that he has been packing food for thousands of customers and to send the food back. How do I do that when I don't have a car and do I return half empty messy containers and the bag that was torn and leaking?? Then he accused me of not complaining to Uber!?!? He even implied that I am contriving this incident. Incredulous! Waste of money, messy food that I can't even eat as it spilled out...

This is far from professional and it got worse as the Taj Mahal person insisted on his years of service and not offering a solution. Then the call ended, realizing that he hung up on me. I will never order from this establishment again as it was not professional or respectful to this customer.

2  Thank Karen P
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

We tried this new Indian restaurant and did not find our standard dishes on the menu, however, the cauliflowers masala that I ordered was absolutely delicious! The non-bread was not the best I've had but it was tasty.

1  Thank Joanne B