“Very nice pub”

Royal Oak Restaurant
Ranked #1,119 of 2,929 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: British, Pub
Reviewed October 2, 2014

The food is great and the atmosphere is awesome. Very nice decor. There are also several around town,all great

Reviewed September 6, 2014

My husband & I were here last Sunday for breakfast & will never be back, at least not for breakfast!
The place had just opened with one waitress on board, and we were the fist customers to walk it. To start off, we were not impressed with the menu, very little to choose from so I went with eggs benedict & my husband chose a scrambled dish (a bit of everything). We managed to get a cup of coffee when we placed our order & our next refill when done with our meal. The service was terrible!!! We tried to get the waitress' attention for more coffee & when we did she would respond yes but never came back. Its not as if the place was packed because there were 10 of us in total so I'm sure she could have grabbed a pot at one point. Beside the poor service, I was not impressed with the eggs benedict which had a strange color of sauce, & no fruits on the side.
I would not waste any money there for breakfast.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We met an old friend here last week (had not had contact for 55 years!) and we had a great meal with him. We sat talking for over three hours. The staff was pleasant, and the food was excellent. Convenient location with on-street parking.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Typical pub grub, but nothing memorable. Had chicken wings which were very good and
sweet potato fries which were plentiful. There are nightly specials

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. The menu is varied, the food is great, and the atmosphere is fun and friendly.

All the exterior flora in Summer there makes outdoor dining a real treat; you relax . . . and want to linger.