“Business dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Food and service was excellent but AV issues were highly aggravating and created frustration. We were assured by the staff throughout the AV set up that everything would work fine but the presenter needed to constantly reset his slides.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We chose to go to The Beckta Wine Bar for our wedding lunch. We were wined, pampered, and dined; I couldn't imagine having a better experience. The room itself is cozy and intimate and while the food was great, the service was outstanding. Everyone made us feel very special. Thank you Beckta Wine Bar!

1  Thank hollybruns
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We went for the 5-course tasting menu plus wine pairings. My husband has some obscure food intolerances, which they accommodated seamlessly. It was a truly lovely night out.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

We were excited to dine at Beckta. We chose the three course menu. The service was un flawed and wait staff very attentive. The starters were really good. The mains not so much. Nothing special in the food prep and both meals ( cod and short rib) were missing spices and taste. The mains were just average food fare. We noticed the table next to us sent their mains back.

In my opinion two stars.

I expected

Reviewed 8 April 2017

It was not our first time at Beckta but it was our first in the wine bar. Great spot for a short but delicious meal before a show at the NAC next door. The tartare was very good, the fettucine was most original and succulent. Very nice wine selection by the glass, nothing I recognized from the LCBO, that's always a plus for me, and service was efficient. Already booked my favorite table upstairs for my daughter's university graduation in June.