“Good Choices”

The Green Door
Ranked #19 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Well established (1988) and highly acclaimed, recently renovated (2014), vegetarian, pay-by-weight. Featuring organic and local ingredients. Our meals are a nutritional, visual, and tasty good value.
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Choices”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've visited this restaurant many times. I must say my daughter loves it. Personally, I find it a bit pricey. I like the meals I've had there - I just don't love them.

Visited November 2011

Ontario
“A must for Ottawa vegetarians (but great for all)”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I've been going here at least a few times per year for about 20 years. There is a lot of variety in their dishes. They always have the most popular dishes (the brocolli/tofu stirfry and the lasagna are 'da bomb'), but also have lots of dishes on constant rotation so there is variety for the regular customers (I think there are a lot of us). I've heard the critique that it's expensive for a 'cafeteria atmosphere'. I agree the that ambiance is far from fancy, but that's not why people go here. The food is top notch quality and organic...and the atmosphere is friendly (and hippy dippy)

Ottawa, Ontario
“So Yummy!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

There's almost always a line up here. Great fresh food and so tasty! Organic and vegetarian, all dishes have signs telling you what's in them in case you need to avoid eggs, wheat, or other things. Ingredients are seasonally fresh with a few standard dishes served year round. The selection is not all tofu based either, like some other vegetarian places. The food is priced by weight which may appear expensive, but you couldn't make the same variety of quality food like this yourself for less. You can dine in or take out using their takeout containers, or bring your own - just get your containers weighed first. Desserts are delicious and bread, by the slice or the loaf, is hearty and solid. Choice of coffee, tea, some juices and filtered water (free) also available. The organic wine wasn't our thing though. There's a rotation of art on the walls by local artists which is interesting and fun to look at. Closed Mondays.

Halifax, Canada
“Fabulous Choices”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I love this place. Every now and then I want to put down my steak knife and have vegetarian food. I'm never disappointed. There is a wonderful variety of tasty and fragrant dishes and because it is set up cafeteria style you can have a little of everything if you'd like. You'll be charged by the weight of the food on your plate so don't fill up with too many heavy items! I'm don't normally like tofu but try the tofu and broccoli dish if they have it - it's so good! Remember to save room for dessert!
Seems to me that whenever I've gone the average cost of my lunch is about $12.

• Visited February 2012
Ottawa
“fantsatsic, fresh vegetarian food”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

my favourite restuarant in Ottawa, my daughters' favourite as well. Very easy to eat here with kids as the food is all prepared. It is buffet style but they serve it in small dishes, so the food remains fresh, it is not sitting out for hours and hours...the food is really high quality, excellent, interesting for vegetarians and non vegetarians.