New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Surprisingly Amazing Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I expected standard Italian fare, and got amazing cuisine! It's easy to do Italian, but it's hard to impress with Italian. This little restaurant was fun, relaxed and served amazing food! We had the salmon filet and the tiger shrimp linguine - both were outstanding. The atmosphere is also lots of fun - casual, friendly and cozy. The waiters are relaxed and fun. The prices are also not bad - $16.95 for pasta, and a little cheaper for pizza. Overall, it was a great experience!

1 Thank FunkyMan3333

Embrun, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looking forward to a return visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We had the opportunity to dine here on a Thursday evening (we made reservations).

Although the restaurant is very small, the overall experience was a very pleasant one. The food was excellent.

Even though there was only one server working, and it ended up getting very busy, we were never neglected and made to feel that our business was appreciated.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and looking forward to our next visit.

“A European Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Started with a unique and delightful Mushroom-Brie Bruschetta, followed by a delicious Affumicata (salmon) pasta, and topped it all off with a mouth-watering Mocha Roasted Almond Cheesecake. Food was great, the feature wine suggested by our server lived up to it's billing, and the service was excellent.

This quaint little outlet serves up a truly European dining experience: space is small, portions are not gluttonous, and the atmosphere cozy and intimate.

Poor reviews are not to be trusted, especially those of 'Grouponers'. Must experience for yourself. We will definitely be back!

2 Thank EpicureanDelights
Ottawa, Canada
“Worst Italian Restaurant in Ottawa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Italian is my favourite. I have spent the last 20 years trying as many different Italian restaurants in Ottawa as I can. By far and away this is the worst one of them all. Everything was wrong. Poor quality ingredients, poorly cooked, terrible recipes, not even hot. The service was fine, the ambience is fine, but it was just the most ridiculously bad food my wife and I have ever eaten at fine Italian dining. I would go to East Side Mario's before coming here, and I think ESM is a sorry excuse for Italian food. The prices are higher than average which just tops it all off as by far, the worst Italian dining experience I have had in 20 years! I don't usually write reviews, but I had to make an exception to warn people to not waste their time and money going here.

• Visited December 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“i never rate a restaurant but this is the worst restaurant i have ever been to”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

i never do this but feel that people should know that the food is terrible. i had veal marsala and it was like mush - way over cooked with little flavour. the place is too small for 6 people and very expensive. i would NEVER go again!

• Visited October 2011