“Awesome fajitas”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Kanata
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We visited the Lonestar a few days ago for dinner. We didn't have a reservation but we were seated quickly.

Likes
- friendly service
- seated quickly
- food was excellent
- decor is fun (neon beer signs and bull horns)
- good spot to go with the family
- the kids enjoyed the dough balls they received from the tortilla maker

Dislikes
- menus were grimy
- we waited a long time for the bill after we had finished our dinner

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Hi Graham,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
We are glad that you enjoyed our award winning fajitas!
I will make sure the General Manager sees your comments about the menus and the extended wait for the bill.
We hope you can drop in again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

It was my sisters Birthday and I know this Lone Star location has always been one of her favourites so I decided to book a reservation for 6:30.
As we arrived a little bit early (6:10) I expected we might have to wait for our table, reservation confirmed, "yes we have you for 6:30, do you mind waiting at the bar?" no seats at the bar! 5 minutes later the hostess announces "table for 2 for Smith" the people that had walked in ahead of us with NO RESERVATION were now headed to a table! 5 minutes more "table for 5 Jones" again 5 people who had walked in NO RESERVATION head to a table, this continued about 3 more times or 10 more minutes and 10 people seated before I walked up and asked "is our table ready" to which I received the response "and your name Sir?" I said I had a reservation that we were waiting for our table and you have already seated a few couples ahead of us, "oh sorry Sir, what was your name?" Now finally headed for seating, would have done better JUST AS A WALK IN!

Well here we are seated at a DIRTY table, asked to have it wiped, drink rings from the previous patrons, grease spots on the table and small bits of food. Loosing my respect for this location rapidly! We get our menus, order our food, unpacking my utensils, I discover my fork has leftover food on it! I ask for clean utensils. Food arrives and looks and smells delicious, the waitress was quite attentive although there was no salt & pepper on the table and she had to go from one end of the restaurant to the other to "find" the pepper, I guess they only had 1 for a restaurant this size (150 people).

Food was great don't know if they acknowledge Birthdays as when I mentioned it was my Sisters the waitress simply said "Happy Birthday" and went on with her busy night!

1  Thank SharkyCA
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hi SharkyCA,
Thank you for letting us know about your unsatisfactory experience.
The manager would like to reach out to you. Please email your phone number to tequila@lstg.ca for follow up.
Regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We've been there before and the food is quite good. Never been disappointed by a meal. But this time our waitress ( "server" for the PC people) was terrific! Faith, A.K.A., Peaches saw to our every need. She is friendly, cheerful and does the little things that made our visit so enjoyable. We hope to have her next time!

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Hi sidjimc,
Thanks for your review!
We are glad you always enjoy your meal. We will make sure Peaches sees your compliment.
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Meal was tasty, service was disappointing. Also was disappointed to find out they no longer do complimentary salsa and chips which was pretty signature for them. The service was average. Took our order and nothing further. Didn't even off the chips and salsa for the additional charge. The food came hot and was tasty. Likely would try somewhere else for date night.

2  Thank familytravels1980
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. One of our managers would love to discuss this further with you, if you are interested please email taco@lstg.ca. We have implemented the $1 charge for chips and salsa due to rising food costs over the years, however all of the net proceeds go to food banks across Ontario and to date we have been able to provide over 30,000 meals to people in need in our communities!

Thanks,

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I visited this location for a business lunch with a large group. Our tables were ready when we arrived and we were quickly seated. Service was prompt at first but became a little intermittent. I ordered chicken fajitas and found the food plentiful and delicious. All in all, good value for the money.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Hi Boris,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
We are glad you enjoyed our award winning fajitas.
We hope to see you again soon!