“ALways a pleasure”

Ranked #38 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$11 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A casual seafood bistro with a fresh fish market attached. We are only interested in serving the freshest fish and seafood we can get!
“ALways a pleasure”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was the third time for me and second for my sister having dinner at the Pelican Grill. Of course we both had the salmon. It was great. The service was attentative and the food was excellent. I would recommend the Pelican Grill to anyone who loves seafood. The prices are reasonable which is great when you are on a fixed income but want a treat every so often.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank C S

Ottawa, Canada
“A really enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

From the friendly, attentive service to the quality and presentation of our meals, we will definitely be returning.

4 Thank Gary H
Jim F, Owner at Pelican Grill, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thanks for your kind words. Jim
Ottawa, Canada
“delicious food, awesome staff”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

the place is great, clean. The staff are the friendliest I have ever seen, they care about their food, their customers, and their workplace. Wine is lovely, they have good choices of white and red to go with their food. Menu is really good. They have seafood soup which is by far the most tasty soup I've had, and I eat LOTS of soup so I vouch for Pellican Grill's soup. Their fish n chips is a bit on the greasy-heavy side, but the rest of their menu is absolutely great. Def recommended!

3 Thank Frei B
Jim F, Manager at Pelican Grill, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thanks, I am one of the "Friendly Staff, who care about our food, or customers and our workplace.
Your kind words are very much appreciated by everyone at Pelican and we are looking forward to serving you again.
Arthur The Waiter
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Service With Character”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were craving fish and chips,and headed on down to the Pelican grill. This place is pretty busy with the fresh fish side and the restaurant. However this did not take away from the prompt service with wonderful spirited character. I wish more restaurants would take on this great attitude. No stuffiness here!
Fish was light, crispy and like butter in the middle. Fries were fresh cut and the slaw had great tang. Topped off with moist carrot cake and a gob of cream cheese icing.....YUMMY!

3 Thank Marie B
Jim F, Manager at Pelican Grill, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
I retired over a year ago and strangely after about a month of the good life, my wife decided that I should find something to do to keep me busy, so being a regular customer in the fishery and Restaurant, I applied for a job at Pelican as a waiter which I did 40 years ago at The Hayloft in Ottawa.
After a few months of retraining I got the opportunity to start serving tables at lunch. I am in full agreement with you comment about the "Great Attitude" of our Staff. These younger people are a pleasure to work with and really care about providing quality service, in a professional manner.
Arthur The Waiter
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Came to visit from a recommendation of friends. We did make a reservation which is common in many restaurants. The atmosphere is very relaxed and also enjoyable to watch staff shuffle around as it was quite busy. Service was fast and friendly we did not feel rushed. We had Beaus beer which was great. My wife had the soup of the day to start which was a parsnip pear. She loved it. I had the Scallops which were incredible as well as the shrimp. I will be back and also spread the word to many.

2 Thank herold w