Review Highlights
Fascinating History!

A fascinating tale of what stories are told about the nation through our monuments. What is... read more

Reviewed June 12, 2018
canadien10
canadien
GREAT!

Excellent tour, went for a university class for urban planning. Learnt a great deal about how... read more

Reviewed May 14, 2018
James M
via mobile

All reviews experimental farm thought provoking field trip walking tour surveillance astrolabe scientific landscape participants contested visitors memorial capital summer
Reviewed June 9, 2017

I recently went on the "Finding Scientific Landscapes" detour and loved it. Being new to Ottawa, it allowed me to deepen my understanding of the Central Experimental Farm as well as the history of Ottawa. I learned a lot and it left me with more questions, which I'm thankful for.
I would highly recommend Ottawa detours and I'm looking forward to signing up for another tour this summer.

Reviewed May 28, 2017

Ottawa has many attractions to offer but nothing is similar to the walking tours offered by Ottawa (De)tours. These tours are not only for visitors to the capital but to locals as well. I did a brand new tour on surveillance where we discovered how surveillance is omnipresent in Ottawa. The tour led to interesting discussions and exchanges between the guide and the participants. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 21, 2015

What a lovely tour - I have been living here for 20 years and didn't stop to appreciate the mixed architecture found within this lovely city. I have to say I will never look at Ottawa in the same way - which is a good thing. Definitely recommend this to anyone. Certainly not a typical tour that can be appreciated by visitors and permanent residents alike.

1  Thank Constance S
Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

My second (de)tour. This one as satisfying, illuminating and jolly as the last. Pete, our guide through the Central Experimental Farm, mapped out a physical, scientific and historical exploration of this national treasure. Born in Ottawa, I was delighted to learn so much about something that locals often think of as 1,000 acres of empty fields.

1  Thank billjohn4547
Reviewed August 30, 2015

We went on a "book club" field trip on the Scientific Landscape Tour - Pete was very engaging and interesting. We all enjoyed it very much. Would like to try one of the other (de)Tours.