Review Highlights
Fascinating History!

A fascinating tale of what stories are told about the nation through our monuments. What is... read more

Reviewed June 12, 2018
canadien10
canadien
GREAT!

Reviewed May 14, 2018
James M
via mobile

All reviews experimental farm walking tour astrolabe participants scientific landscape field visitors capital summer
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Excellent tour, went for a university class for urban planning. Learnt a great deal about how monuments and commendations are formed and upheld!

1  Thank James M
Reviewed November 10, 2017

I lead an annual group of undergraduate students from the University of Maine on a field trip to Ottawa, Ontario. This year, we decided to try something a little different - the Nostalgia walking tour offered by Dr. Tonya Davidson through Ottawa (De)tours. The tour was fantastic. It was informative, educational, and fascinating, but it was also fun and very entertaining. My students loved the whole experience, and several of them thanked me for setting up the tour with Dr. Davidson. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

We took the alternative history tour with a lady who is a professor of sociology. I think her name was Donna?.. not totally sure. It was very interesting and informative. i enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

We took the citizenship tour and we loved it! It was very instructive from an historical perspective and allowed us to challenge our mindsets.
I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

I went on the Upside-Down Astrolabe tour last weekend with Tonya, and it was a fantastic experience. She was an excellent guide with a wealth of knowledge about the statues of Ottawa and their histories, and she provided some very interesting deconstructions and criticisms of their colonial foundations. I came away very impressed, having learned a lot. I definitely recommend this tour to anyone looking to go on an educational walking tour, and especially to those who want to see conventional views of Ottawa's statues challenged and analyzed from a post-colonial viewpoint.