“Indian breakfast buffet? You bet!”
Review of Kochin Kitchen

Kochin Kitchen
Ranked #34 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 25 March 2017

We were looking for breakfast and this place was open so we had an Indian buffet for breakfast. Great food. Very friendly service as well. Mushroom curry was awesome.

2  Thank Liz R
There are newer reviews for Kochin Kitchen

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We were looking forward to trying this very highly rated restaurant. I love Indian food, the play on spices and sauces.

The food delivered, but the service did not. Its fair to say the restaurant was very busy and it looked very much like there simply were not enough folks serving. It did lead to a not so memorable evening.

I want to believe that it was simply the fact that the place was busy, especially after having read a number of the reviews. If so, it can be fixed. I am concerned, however, that not once did the servers acknowledge that they had an issue....empty plates were simply left until we asked for our bill, drink refills only happened when we flagged a server.

We will try again, but it would be sad if the delicious food was undermined by service challenges.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

As we entered the restaurant we were greeted with a smile from the staff. The service throughout our dinner was excellent. The food is excellent here. Prices are a bit higher but for downtown Ottawa not unreasonable. We will be back. Thanks to the staff for making our visit enjoyable. I wish more restaurants were run like this one.

3  Thank ayrton2727
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Great selection of food. We started with southern equivalent of delicious mango lassie. Portion sizes were not humongous however very very tasty

3  Thank _Raymond_H_1974
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure why you start taken me so long to find the best Indian food in Ottawa but I'm glad I finally did so. I've probably walked right by this place millions of times. Hooray for Trip Advisor which steered me here.

Two really nice staff members guided me through my first visit to the lunch buffet, open at 11 AM.

Try the soups, the lentil was great, the tomato was even better! Thick and nicely spiced.

Vegan friendly but although there were not a lot of vegan choices I left sated and well-stuffed.

The server/greeter made sure I knew which dishes I could have and made this experience stress-free.

The mushroom curry was delicious as was the eggplant. The pulao rice sadly has ghee but it probably always does everywhere.

The salads were fresh and varied and I ate way too many pekoras. Of course, having two bowls of soup didn't help but they were worth it.

Because I arrived early I was alone in the restaurant the whole time and it was glorious.

I'll be back-maybe tomorrow...

3  Thank Veganguy