“Great lunch spot and service ”
Review of Fraser Cafe

Fraser Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2,840 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Given that I'm not eating bread I had to tailor my order for lunch. The creative solution they created was not only great but also cost less than the two items I was willing to purchase. Honest service was a refreshing change.

1  Thank Simon R

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Came in September 2015.
I would have given 5* but they served a vegetarian starter with fish, which wasn't mentioned on the menu! There was no meat/fish noted in the list of ingredients.
The food was head and shoulders above a lot of places I've been and everything tasted fresh. Servers were brilliant.
Great place to go for a special occasion / treat!

1  Thank Cari J
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Late in the review however had to write it. Went here one Saturday for brunch. We were lucky enough to get a table without a reservation, however I'd highly recommend making one. The pancakes were delicious, coffee is strong and delicious, the hubs loved his eggs and bacon. Would definetly recommend coming get here.

1  Thank roadtripgirl84
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Good atmosphere, excellent service, local for us, food really very good........but ......noise level high......maybe OK for the twenty and thirty-somethings but for a family it makes it overwhelming.......

2  Thank Sheep25
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

My husband recently took me here for my Birthday dinner as it is one of our favourite places to go to. We have been there frequently for their brunches and lunches but just never made it for the supper menu. We ordered the octopus for the appetizer and the Arctic Char and duck for the main and for dessert coffee and homemade donuts. Every bite of our meal was so delicious and full of flavour. Our server was the manager. Exemplary service as it always is.

Our all time favourite from their lunch menu is the smoked trout. The service ,which the servers always happily volunteers recommendations and descriptions of the dish is always consistent as is the quality of their food. If you have never been to this gem , you are truly missing out.