“Amazing experience....at a hefty price! lol”
Review of Aroma Meze

Aroma Meze
Ranked #6 of 2,806 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Aroma Small Plates and Wine. The first of its kind in Canada! Come and enjoy "Meze" the food that reflects the way of life in Greek culture. Meze...an eating style, ancient in origin, favored in Greece and the Mediterranean. It is where eating is a hospitality and a celebration.
Reviewed 15 April 2017

We went to try this restaurant based on Trip Advisors suggestion from a local restaurants search. And very happy we did!

Aroma Meze is nestled steps away from downtown main streets in what almost feels like a residential street. It's in an old house converted to a restaurant and certainly has a very cozy feel.

The service is excellent and the menu is quite extensive. They offer many different tapas dishes. Spicy, vegetarian, meaty.....there was something for everyone.

The food was presented so nicely and the flavors were bursting. The lamb sliders were definitely memorable!

So why did I give this place only a 4-star rating you might ask? Simply because I don't feel the value was there. The portion size is a little too small, even for tapas. It's great that you can pay per item for one person, however, after spending over $100 for 3 people and having to leave the restaurant hungry, that just isn't acceptable in my mind.

All in all, it was a great experience. I don't think I'd return and only because I don't live in Ottawa and there are so many other great restaurants to try!

There are newer reviews for Aroma Meze

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Aroma Meze was one of the restaurants near my hotel- Alt hotel, and I was able to walk to pick up my order and take it back to my room to eat. It was about 3 blocks. The portions are small- which is typical of a tapas type restaurant- so get a lot of them- but they taste amazing- and I always like getting a little of everything- so that works for me. I got the haloumi cheese, daloumades, pastry platter and greek type tomato salad. (I probably spelt those all wrong!) I really enjoyed the food- I will definitely go back next time I am in Ottawa. The daloumades had such an amazing sauce- love love loved it- should have bought more of those ones.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Every time at Aroma Meze is an adventure: you never know what you are going to get! Small portions (you should order at least 5-6 per couple) are delicious and surprising - a Greek gourmet at its best!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

One of the best small plates restaurants in Ottawa!! A unique and delicious menu. Great wine and beer lists! The service is fantastic - never rushed! A definite must try!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

My boyfriend took me here for our anniversary. It is an odd location, as easy to walk past if you don't know it's there. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and explained the tapas style of meal to us and offered great meal and wine recommendations. I will definitely be returning for more delicious food and wine.