“Date Night with my wife”

The Whalesbone Oyster House
Ranked #36 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$25 - US$101
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to the one on Elgin St Ottawa based on a suggestion from my brother-in-law and we weren't disappointed. The staff was super friendly and although we went there for oysters and drinks, both were amazing. We will definitely come back!!

There are newer reviews for The Whalesbone Oyster House

Reviewed 17 April 2017

The food is just quite incredible. All made from fresh ingredients with nice balanced between different flavors. The service is perfect. Oysters were excellent. Prices are high but it had to be expected considering the food quality.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We were a party of four with reservations. Excellent food and services. We shared 3 dozen oysters and all had the lobster dinner. Amazing. Wide variety of oysters. I don't generally like wine, but I loved the red wine I had here at the recommendation of the waiter. The waiter was attentive but didn't hover, was knowledgable and offered great tips for the menu.
It is very expensive though, but worth it.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Had dinner there last week. I've had oysters which I found to be on the expensive side - dozen for 35$. The main course - their daily meal was fish with potatoes and beets was delicious. A bit too salty for my taste, but it was fresh and flavorsome. The server that took care of me was super polite and very friendly. I did not get his name, by it was a young guy, he would also go behind the bar. Overall, it is on a higher price range, but the food won't disappoint you for sure!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Had dinner with a friend and we both had trouble hearing each other and our server. I love emphatic music volume, but when the bar atmosphere dominates and, in the mind of staff, calls for REALLY LOUD BLARING music, the enjoyable conversation aspect of a good meal is lost. People at all tables had to speak very loudly to each other and the setting became a competition among customers on who could be heard most clearly. Too bad about this jarring atmosphere as the food was very good. They should expand the menu of "Mains" to beyond just four choices, but within that limit, the offerings were imaginative. The night out was, however, not a pleasure. Too bad as I had looked forward to this reunion to hear about what's been going on in buddy's life in recent months. I had to do most of my catching up during the drive home.

1  Thank HockeyDad54