“Scratch made, local ingredients, craft beers”

The Cheshire Cat Pub
Ranked #60 of 2,826 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

What a pub should be. Don't be in a hurry this is not fast food. Wife loves all the gluten free options. Super busy at times because of the food, local beers and attentive staff. For those reasons, plan accordingly. Curry, burgers, pizza, huge F&C and the cottage pie, OMG

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Has been a while since I've been here, new owners have kept the character of the "pub". Staff were all very courteous and efficient. Food was amazing! Fish & chips were best I've had in a while. Looking at what other patrons had ordered everything looked good. Definitely be back!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My daughter and I shot some balls at the driving range and after dropping something off at my son's we both agreed that we have lunch for our 2nd time at the Cheshire Cat.

As expected there were a lot of cars in the parking lot and we saw people sitting outside waiting for a table. We went in and gave our name and within 10 minutes we had our choice of tables on the patio.

Service was fast and friendly to take our drink order and quickly followed up by taking our food order.

While at first glance you might think the prices are a bit high if comparing to some other pubs, this is NOT just another pub. The food, while pub fare is lovingly prepared by a talented chef in the same way you can expect food to taste when at a high end restaurant for dinner.

They buy locally grown and locally raised (as in meats) and you can taste the difference. The meals taste robust and flavourful and are of a very generous size where once again we both left with doggie bags (however doggie never got any of the leftovers).

Its a short 10 minute drive from my home so I will be heading back soon to try one of the music nights when they have live entertainment.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We have visited this pub previously on our visits to Ottawa and have always loved the place with its British themed decor and even better with the food. We visited this time on a Friday night which was exceptionally busy. We were a large group and understood it would be a wait as explained by staff when we arrived but didn't realise quite how long. It was still fine though as we wanted to be seated indoors. When we were seated and ordered our food, most of us were pleased with the large portions and especially those of our group who have come to love the fish and chips (fries) which is exceptionally generously portioned. However my meal of beef and Yorkshire was a little disappointing, my mash was stone cold and Yorkshire burnt. I should of complained but by now the time was getting close to 9.30pm. The beef was delicious as was the gravy. I was very hungry, so put up with it and ate it. The desserts were yummy though. Unfortunately because the patio doors were open, mosquitos did attack me during the evening. I would definitely go again but will avoid busy periods as standards not quite as good as they have been in previous visits.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The service and food are always good at the Cat. Pub style food elevated to the next level. Great patio on sunny days. Don't let the full parking lot scare you away, the wait usually goes quickly. If you are going to be outside at sunset wear bug repellent so that you can enjoy the outdoors! Even those sitting inside may want to have repellent!
We have enjoyed everything from the menu that we have tried and that is most items!
PS. You can buy frozen items for home too!