All reviews stove top charging electronics cook top oranges and apples king studio make your own waffle station kanata centrum large refrigerator for long term stays stay an extra night room layout canadian tire centre storage space marriott hotel great property super close bathroom door
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I stay there relatively frequently since the beginning of the year. It is usually OK although I am not a very demanding customer. But last week was quite a strange week where everything seemed to fail.

Sure there was a fire on the first floor boiler room that resulted in the building to be evacuated. But even before that, I was surprised to get the "knock knock room service" at 8h15AM. I was about to leave but usually this happens after 9...

At the breakfast place, the toaster did not work properly so they had to get a replacement one.

Then comes the fire alarm. The alarm went off and we had to get out...but there was nobody to guide us or tell what happens...so some people were staying below the porch, some were walking in the parking lot and other would leave the premise with their car...

After that, there was an electrical problem that made the power outlet making a loud click in the room...that lasted for at least an hour. Again, no employee could tell anything about an ETA for this to stop.

Sure, I've been offered to change hotel...but no kind of compensation were offered. Not only that, but I have a booking for a similar room this week and the price went up by about 150$ for the same room...

So I would recommend the operator of the hotel to train their employees to manage "crisis" as obviously, nothing was made to provide better answer to customers.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TPSMarriott-GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Ottawa Kanata, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Mr. Tremblay,

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay last week. We sincerely appreciate your business and loyalty you have shown to our hotel while traveling to this area.

The hotel did have a number of challenges last week that stemmed from a lightning strike that hit a transformer nearby the hotel. This caused a power surge within our hotel that resulted in the majority of the hotel loosing power. Other problems stemmed from this power surge, one of which was a small fire in our boiler room that was contained very quickly by the Fire Department. We also discovered that certain power outlets throughout the hotel lost power where others didn't. This caused some confusion amongst our team members as we couldn't quite determine why power was working in certain parts of the building and not in others. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this caused. We have reviewed this issue with our electrical contractors to better understand the problems we experienced and learn from them for the future.

I would also like to apologize that our Housekeeping team member may have disturbed you by knocking shortly after 8am. Our Housekeeping service does begin at 8am each day. We recognize this may be too early for some of our guests and can ensure that for any future stay you have, that our team knows not to knock before 9am.

Thank you again for your business and taking the time to provide this feedback. If there is anything that I can ever assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dave Fowler
613-287-4301
dave.fowler@marriott.com

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

It’s nice to have big room with a kitchen when you are travelling. The room is very spacious with a nice desk area. The bed was very comfortable and room is quiet even though there was lots of people staying there. Free breakfast is included if you like. There is a nice exercise room and the pool area has outside seating as well. There are also bikes and a bar b que area if you want to use them. There is lots of shopping, restaurants, transit and areas to walk, all close by. The rooms have lots of storage space and cupboards as well as lots easily accessible wall sockets for charging electronics etc. My only suggestions is better quality cookware etc., in the kitchen and a mirror somewhere other than the bathroom, it would make getting ready easier in the morning. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philly413
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, the rooms are spotless, large and very well equipped. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Lovely breakfast, choice of eggs, sausage, fruits, yogurts, bagels, waffles etc.. Coffee\tea 24 hrs available free. Good location, 4-5min walk from the Centrum shopping mall which has a great variety of shops and restaurants. My first time here and I got 2 more weeks left, but so far I couldn't fault it on any level.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Canada Day weekend, we decided to spend it in the capital. We booked a room here through expedia.ca and it was super simple. Once we got there, we were greeted with a fantastic smile and great hospitality. She had asked what our plans were and offered some suggestions if we had the time. I really appreciated that. The check in was very quick and check-out felt even faster. With a toddler a appreciate any fast service so much, it was fantastic. The next day in the elevator, we came across another worker who was eager to find out where we were from and also offered some suggestions that we "must see". The room was very clean, comfortable and the bathroom was huge, which felt nice.
Overall, we loved this place and we will probably find ourselves back here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Josiane S
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We stayed here for 4 weeks after a move to the city... we were comfortable and the staff were amazing. It does get a bit noisy during weekends with the crowds moving in, but nothing that would discourage us from staying there again. Great property and very close to the shops and restaurants at Kanata Centrum.

Date of stay: November 2017