All reviews parking garage across the street minimalist hotel parliament hill le germain grey cup great hotel open concept slater street rooms are modern byward market shower stall walking distance loved this hotel quiet room decent size lobby area business trip
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Excellent location for business and leisure. Walking distance to Byward Market and Parliament Hill. Free parking on weekends in municipal parking lot. Casual, modern vibe. Very friendly and competent staff. Fabulous croissants at breakfast!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jean-Philip D, General Manager at Alt Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Hello mbellman and thank you for taking the time to share your comment after your recent visit. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that our great location allowed you to discover what our great city has to offer! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Never disappointed with an Alt Hotel. The staff are professional and courteous. We asked if it was possible to check in a little earlier at noon instead of 3pm and they were extremely accommodating! The rooms are amazingly quiet, simple and practical - reminds me of IKEA style! Beds are very comfortable, very clean. There is a lovely cafe for breakfast with a very good choice of foods. There is an area to eat with a nice selection of healthy sandwiches and soups. The parking is across the street. It is close to the Parliament Bldg. There is usually a 19% tourist tax added on as well as parking fees usually in the $30/day range. Alt Hotels are now my 'go to' hotel wherever they are located. You know what your getting in quality and value :) Already booked again for the fall.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good day Sue S and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent experience with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and it will be our pleasure to share your great comments with our team. We already look forward to welcome you back in the fall! Best regards

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Best staff throughout the hotel. Very comfortable room. Excellent bed, great wifi and TV.
No view but this would not stop me from returning as my stay was pleasant with minimal noise. Excellent choice for young people as bar and common areas on main floor were fun.

Room tip: Upper floor away from elevators. All rooms, I think face the rear of hotel and view is non-existent.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jean-Philip D, General Manager at Alt Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Hello excentrus and thank you for your great comments! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and it will be our pleasure to share your great feedback with our team! We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 3, 2018

I stayed at the ALT when I was in town for business. I got into the city very late and when I arrived I found that my travel agent had messed up the dates for the booking. The staff were very quick to assure me they could accommodate me and that I would have a room for my stay. They went even further to see what the root of the problem was. I couldn't be more pleased with the treatment I received from the staff. Add on to that this hotel is beautiful, spotless, fun, energetic yet super quiet in the rooms. The beds are very comfortable and the linens are crisp and spotless. The bath products are a great quality and I love all the green initiatives they have in place. Plus free Wi-Fi, a café/bar, close to everything downtown and just so cool. I will definitely be going back again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nina H
Jean-Philip D, General Manager at Alt Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Hello Ninjitsu007 and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was able to help and accommodate you with this unfortunate situation. It will be our pleasure to share your great comments with the team. If on your next visit you would like to bring back home the great bath products we carry, make sure to stop by the front desk; we sell them all as well as a few more collections all fresh and handmade! Hope to see you again soon. All the best

Reviewed August 3, 2018

A very modern and well designed hotel. I rarely appreciate hotel rooms' embelishments but I really loved the art in our room. It is super close to Parliament Hill which was a big plus. The staff was really professional and helpful, they gave us good advice on where to park and what to do.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello LucileMB and thank you for your great comments! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and especially the artwork in our rooms. We worked on this special collection with Montreal artist Jason Cantoro and we could not be happier with the uniqueness and originality of them. It will be our pleasure to share with him your great comments as well as to our team! We hope to see you again soon!