All reviewsthe rivermain buildingsausagebreakfast roomhot tubpicnic tablesvery nice hotelyogurtcomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staynice pooltwo queen bedsexercise roomfront desk staffeasy accesstrent universityrooms are clean
Reviewed June 5, 2018

Only hotel for many miles/kms with an EV-Tesla charger (only 1, so ask front desk to hold for you. The put cones to hold the spot for us, as we did not park until after 11pm).

This is an older hotel with room updates like nicely done new bathroom and heated floor under the tile. However, furniture is older and I think the drapes & carpet too - even possible newer paint did not cover the 'old' smell.

Our room was a first floor "river view" and had a door onto a patio with chairs in front of the lawn/river/gazebo... we really enjoyed standing out there and watching the geese! This was an unexpected bonus we thought was great, but be warned the ants out there are huge!

Check in staff was nice. My hubby tried some of the breakfast - said it was typical, not having any myself I am not sure if that is a positive comment - LOL.

If you are needing an EV charge and must choose this hotel, it is adequate.

Room Tip: First floor has walk directly to lawn area, higher floors have balcony
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelalot247
Reviewed June 2, 2018

#124: On May 31, 2018 I stayed overnight at Best Western Plus Otonabee Inn, Peterborough Ontario. I was treated exceptionally well by all staff there starting with Jeremy who took the last minute booking flawlessly over my poor phone line. Managers, reception and other staff on site were all courteous, very friendly, more than helpful - they truly bent over backward to see that I was settled and had everything I needed. Heat of the day was sweltering, but Lorne dashed after my taxicab 'til the driver came back with a cane I had left in his vehicle. Susan sensed my fatigue and confusion over directions and paused her work to walk gently with me through the hotel to locate my room and open its door. A dear person had already turned on air conditioning ... Next morning I was offered to leave luggage in the Manager's office in order to enjoy breakfast in the Riverview Room while awaiting my cab away. 15 minutes later the Manager approached. She had taken the initiative to check that my cab was on its way as she had seen me waiting outdoors for it. These personal touches were not all that I appreciated. I was also thankful that everyone respected the Do Not Disturb notice placed on my door.

The rooms had been well cleaned. The bed was was beautiful, linen fresh and mattress firm to sleep on. Everying was just as Jeremy had told me - exactly as advertised. Fridge and Microwave were in place. Wi-Fi was working. In-room coffee was good...I'm fussy. Patio doors opened from the TV /sitting area onto a private deck that overlooks a parklike area bordering Otonabee River. When I opened the doors to let in some evening air I immediately became aware of a neighbouring deck where people were partying. To my amazement on closing my patio doors once again I could hear absolutely nothing going on outside. Lovely. Also lovely: scent of lilacs & peonies, scent of river & mown grass, a window in any hotel that can open ...

What was missing ? No mini-bar. Perhaps that contributes to the aura of peace & quiet. Maybe the pool and fitness rooms contribute that way as well. A grab-bar at bathtub would be helpful.

What could be more perfect ? A longer stay.

Fan from Room #124

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank cninlasswade
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed here for one night as we were visiting family. We usually stay further along Landsdowne Street. This hotel has lovely grounds. We were on the road/parking lot side and it was not noisy. The room was very clean and there was a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The shower was great! So big! Checkin and out went quickly. The breakfast was included and appeared to be in another building, however, there is a way to access the breakfast room and to stay indoors which would be great on cold winter days. We are not big breakfast eaters but if you like a hot breakfast, they offered French toast, omelettes and pea-meal bacon so a bit above the average (included) breakfast. They used real china and real cutlery, so again a bit above the places who use paper plates and plastic utensils. Better for the environment, too. The view was lovely so very nice for those who had rooms on that side of the building. The woman working in the breakfast room was working very hard to make sure all items were provided, spills were cleaned up and all was prepared for the next day. Great job. A recycle box in the guest rooms would be a very good addition. On arrival, we were provided with a treat for being Diamond Elite members. Thanks! We would consider staying here on another trip.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiztyOne
Reviewed May 7, 2018

We have stayed at this Best Western many times and it is our favourite place to stay when
we are visiting relatives in Peterborough. The hotel is always clean and the staff are very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Lovely hotel. Very nice, quiet room. Excellent breakfast. Right on Highway 7 - easy to find. Friendly, helpful Staff. Bring your swim trunks - there's a nice pool and hot tub. Will pack for next visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business