“we loved it and will return”
Review of The Red Coat

The Red Coat
Ranked #1 of 2 Queenston B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“we loved it and will return”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

wonderful place clean and friendly. the hosts were very nice and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. breakfast was creative and fresh.
queeston is a great location quiet and very close to both the falls and niagra on the lake.
we would highly recommend this b&b

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night for our anniversary. This was our first time at a bed and breakfast.
The house is very charming and cozy. Sandra was very welcoming upon arrival and provided a lot of information on the area. She was a great hostess and cook! Breakfast was delicious, fresh fruit salad with yogurt, blueberry muffins and puff pancake topped with veggies and cheese.
We stayed in the 'shaeffe's loft'... Best room in the house! Although, we peeked into the others and were stunning as well.
We will definitely be back...Again and again

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank michehopper
Reviewed 5 December 2010

My husband and I have stayed here twice, and loved it both times. Everything about the Red Coat is just right, but the hosts Keith and Sandra are the best things about it! The location in Queenston is a somewhat removed from both Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls, which we found to be a distinct advantage--it is so quiet and calm!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karieann
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My husband and I spent a night at the Red Coat Inn during the Wine and Grape Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake and had a wonderful stay!!! The owners are so friendly and hospitable yet allow you your space after checking in. Although located in Queenston, you are within walking distance to the waterfront, Laura Secord house and several other key historic sites. My husband took a leisurely stroll after breakfast and enjoyed looking at the beautiful old homes. It's a perfect location! We stayed in the Secord Suite and it was so charming and very clean. The pictures on the site do not show it's true beauty. We had a large ensuite with all the amenities one needed. To top it all of the, the owners may a wonderful breakfast the next morning. I've got nothing but great things to say about our experience and being I'm in the hotel industry myself, I am VERY picky. My husband and I would definitely stay here again and recommend you do too.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
pittsburgh
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We had tickets for an evening performance at Shaw and three shows the next day. We had never stayed in Queenston, but it seemed close enough to NOTL to warrant consideration. While we were attracted by the web site, we found the B&B itself to be more delightful than the web site promised. Our hosts Keith and Sandra were welcoming, friendly, and gracious. We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay, including two delicious breakfasts. If they were only closer to NOTL we would stay there every trip. If you want a delightful B&B in the wine country, and close enough to Niagara Falls and NOTL, this would be a first choice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davebPittsburgh
Ottawa
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Red Coat for three nights and were impressed with the personal, friendly attention and professional service we received. Sandra provided excellent advice regarding what was available in the area and never steered us wrong, which meant that we were able to make the most of our short stay. We were in the Secord room, which was the smallest of the three, but never felt confined as we were able to use the balcony on the main floor. The area where this bed and breakfast is situated is quiet, secluded, yet within a 10 minute walking distance of the river. It is also located about half-way between Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake where the Shaw Festival is located. Of particular note is the excellent breakfasts that were served every morning. They were healthy and delicious, from a light bacon/cheese/broccoli/tomato crepe (which probably included zucchini as her garden was yielding a healthy crop this year), to french toast smothered in the local fruits, as well as fresh cooked waffles with home-made blueberry drizzle, maple syrup and whipped cream. We hope to be able to return in the near future.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Sandra and Keith are great hosts - they certainly make you feel like part of the family! I called Sandra ahead of time and I was able to check into the B&B earlier than the stated time to accommodate our schedule. My boyfriend and I stayed for one night in the Secord room - the room itself was small and cozy - perfect for the two of us. There were even little chocolates on our bed - a very nice touch. Breakfast was wonderful - fruits fruits, yogurt, zucchini bread, and waffles with jam/syrup and coffee/tea. Sandra was careful to make sure the breakfast suited my lactose intolerance.The location of the B&B is perfect for those who want to explore Niagara on the Lake and Niagara Falls since it's located between the two. We spent all our time in Niagara on the Lake and Virgil - nothing was more than a 15 minute drive. Sandra gave us recommendations for things to do and dining spots. She has a lot of VIP cards for free winery tours/tastings which was a bonus!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queenston
8.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Prince of Wales
#4 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
9.8 km away
The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and...
#6 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
10.2 km away
Queen's Landing
Queen's Landing
#5 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to The Red Coat? Share your experiences!