“Overpriced, but decent coffee”

Blackwater Coffee Co.
Ranked #34 of 243 Restaurants in Sarnia
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Just grabbed coffee here before leaving the city. Cute little place, decent coffee but 14 dollars for two coffees in a tiny little town? Get real.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Coffee is great, protein balls are yummy, but expensive.
We enjoy sitting on their outdoor space . We are an older couple and are surprised to find the staff not very friendly.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Great place for coffee or late. Quaint cozy atmosphere. Sit inside or out. Coffee is fresh and roasted on site. Take a bag of fresh roasted beans home.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018

which can be hard to find no matter how many cafes in Ontario. i try to get there whenever i get into Sarnia.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

After shooting a few pics of the recent natural ice phenomenon, we decided to go for coffee. As a coffee enthusiast who recently purchased a Breville Barista Express and has been attempting to broaden my ‘barista skillz’ I felt it was high time I experienced our local specialty coffee shop!

Upon entering, we were greeted with a smile, made our orders (they had delicious cheese gluten free bagels) and sat down.

I asked the Barista (her name eludes me) what her favourite to make was and she responded with the ‘flat white’. My friend Bea had a cappuccino.

The decor is rustic and inviting and it is such an amazing place to sit, sip and share!

Yesterday I’d been messaging back and forth with Dave, the owner, about coffee education and ironic enough, he is working on that very thing as we speak! Lol

So we officially met and learned a bit more about these classes and I’m excited to say the least.

Long story short, for freshly roasted and made to order specialty coffee, this is as good as it gets. With 30 years experience, a highly trained staff and atmosphere so rich, you can’t find better.... even in the big centres such as Toronto.

It was a privilege to finally have been and will be the first of many with friends.

Thanks and so appreciative that we have our very own coffee house with fresh roasted beans and folks willing to share their knowledge all for the benefit of enjoying a proper ‘cup o joe’...

Date of visit: January 2018