“Missed the Mark”
Review of Mexico

Mexico
Ranked #112 of 224 Restaurants in Sarnia
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Description: A cozy parkside café with vintage appeal inspired by the flavours and hospitality of Mexico. Serving up coffee, cocktails, tacos, and brunch inside or on our patio.
Reviewed February 3, 2018

Concept is good and would appeal to a younger crowd. Menu was limited and food was okay--shared the taco plate. Not sure how sanitary and safe the sauces were in the bottles. Wait staff was excellent. Lounge was outfitted in vintage (used) furniture. The view will be what sells this restaurant.

Reviewed February 1, 2018

gee I thought sarnia finally got a Mexican restaurant no enchiladas no burritos no taco salad just tacos this isn't a Mexican restaurant its another taco bell

1  Thank james g
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We went for breakfast, found it expensive since we left hungry. Our waitress left and never mentioned that to us. There was no one else in restaurant and my oatmeal was luke warm. Place is cute, but won’t go back.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

Obsessed! Went for a late night dinner and was back for breakfast within a few days. We each ordered two tacos and ended up ordering more. We tried all 4 meat tacos (beef, chicken, pork and chorizo) and none disappointed. The chorizo was my favourite, it was almost somewhat sweet but still had that kick to it. When the tacos came they looked a little small, but you learn quick that they do fill you up. The pickled veggies on the side were a great contrast and palate cleanser. The green chili and salsa on the side in a mild to spicy range were delicious. To top it off I had a margarita, made perfectly and with the 2oz it's worth the price. I was surprised when I got my bill, much cheaper than I expected for the flavour, fullness (and buzz) I experienced.

Came back a few days later to try some breakfast. We both ordered the Huevo Racheros and again it did not disappoint. Lots of flavour and a great size portion. The coffee was a little strong for my taste but still fantastic.

Café Mexico is a great addition to Sarnia. The décor is original and the atmosphere is inviting. The prices are fair. The selection is small but I love having a place that keeps the menu to a few items and does it right. I will be back again and again.

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Had 2 tacos. The pork was very salty.
The chorizo had a strange grainy texture.
Everything was just very dry. They do bring two sauces to the table - one spicy green chili the other a tomato based sauce that’s quite bland - which is nice. But I don’t want to drown my food in sauce just to get moisture (and then only being able to taste the sauce).
The place, if you use your imagination, has a rustic cantina feel.

Massive behind the bar space. Could get more tables in!

All in all the place is ok I had high hopes for amazing authentic Mexican food. This did not amaze.