“Enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Markham
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The service was excellent, I was warmly greeted at check in, and enjoyed my three night stay. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly. I would stay in this location again. On checkout, the front desk clerk was sincere in wishing me well on my travels and even one of the housekeepers went out of her way to thank me for staying there when I left.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
GMSarnia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Thank you for the kind words. All of the team members pride themselves on giving warm and genuine service to all of our guests. I am very happy to see that you felt it! We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I travel to the area a few times a year and this is the spot to stay. The staff is great, the restaurant was way better than I would expect at a hotel and the rooms are big and clean. Plus, the area is ideal for getting around and a nice walk to see the lake. If you come to the area you need to stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RobertO724
We apppreciate being your hotel of choice and that you had a "FANTASTIC" experience at our hotel. Being situated within walking distance of the lake, the Casino and some great parks is a definite bonus for all of our guests. We do have a stellar restaurant with great service and only fresh local ingredients used in all of our menu items. Please feel free to refer to the reviews on TripAdvisor for Bridges In Sarnia.
Greenville,Oh
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Sarnia, in town town to watch a hockey game. While the desk attendant was friendly, the lobby was pleasant, the main part of the hotel is rather old. We were placed in the obviously old 2 story section as opposed to the newer looking tower. The bed was ok, but the room just seemed well........old and worn, everything in the bathroom was worn, the outside entrance door would not properly close and lock without physically pulling it shut, so the key entrance was of little safety, as both times we returned it was unlatched. If I were going back to Sarnia, I'm not sure I would stay here again, there looks to be a newer property next door.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the newer section
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
GMSarnia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Although we are not a brand new building, we do take pride in maintaining and constantly upgrading our guest rooms and public areas throughout the hotel. That is why I was very disappointed to read about your impressions regarding these areas. With respect to the outside entrances, I apologize for the difficulties you encountered. Please note that we have just completed an upgrade to all of the exterior entrances to a key card access-only system and that we did have some programming challenges early on in the process. I am happy to report that this initial hiccup has been resolved and that the entire building is secure. I do hope that we have the opportunity to accomodate you in the future as we would love to have you back with us!
South River, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stay here when traveling to visit family in Sarnia. The staff are very helpful and courteous. If you bring kids the pool is a great distraction. The restaurant in very good for dinner, good for lunch but marginal for breakfast (service & the buffet).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Nice restaurant, decent rooms. Best PC perks I've seen: juice, water, breakfast coupons, prizes.. very helpful staff too. – 8/10

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
GMSarnia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
As a valued Priority Club member, I was very pleased to see that you were appreciative of our service and were able to enjoy the local benefits of staying at our hotel. Thanks for letting us know of your experience and I will be sure to share this with the team!
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Very good location, good restaurant, lots of free parking and generous size room

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower as the rest of the hotel is older
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
GMSarnia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Thank you for sharing some great points about our hotel and all that we have to offer to our guests. We would also like to add that all of our non-tower rooms have been completely renovated in the last four years. We hope to see you back soon!
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This was my 5th or 6th stay this year, and I'm headed back next week; this property has been my first choice in Sarnia for at least 20 years. Bridges is a surprisingly good restaurant, more akin to the European approach to hotel restaurants than the more basic American style. You can actually get some really good food here, albeit a little more pricey thanks to the exchange rate. I rate it in the top 3 places to eat in Sarnia. One of the few places that will prepare a REAL Caesar Salad tableside for you. Staff is friendly, efficient and approachable. Nice to be recognized as a platnium PC, too.

Room Tip: If you get a west wing ground floor room, be sure to double check the little window on the side of t...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the many years you have chosen to stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate the great comments about the quality of our Restuarant and our people. Our Executive Chef, Phil Washington, is all about cooking with fresh and local ingredients and as such, is passionate about changing our menus with the seasons. Although we do have very small (12" X 12") sliding windows on the ground floor in the West Wing for fresh air, all of these windows do completely lock. As a Platinum member, we do recognize that you are on the road a great deal and as such, I was pleased to read that you find our hotel comfortable and enjoy your time with us.