Our sports team was one of many during a 2 night weekend. Luckily, we had our 13 rooms in one "wing" of the hotel. All rooms were at the end of long hallway which overlooked the back part of the hotel where the small golf course is (made things quiet).
We had a standard room with 2 beds. The room itself had ample space and included a desk, two chairs and a bar fridge. Beds were comfy and there were 4 pillows (2 different types - firm or soft). Housekeeping could have vacuumed the carpets better - especially the corners.
Although you could set the temperature of the heater, we found the room to be too hot at 70F and turned off the heater after the first night. Inconvenient because when you wake up it is a bit chilly and you have to turn on the heater.
The washrooms are too small and need renovation. It was clear that the hotel replaced the sink but the faucet was not replaced. Floor tiling is the old small squares and this looked out of place when the rest of the room has more modern styling. The tub itself looked like it was discolored from long use/wear and tear - either that or a good cleaning is needed. If you had child that needed help getting the shower started, the washroom is too small for the child and adult to be in. Perhaps the washrooms in the suites are larger but the ones in standard rooms are small.
We found check-in staff to be friendly and helpful. We had 2 meals in the Bridges restaurant onsite. Use the kids eat free coupons as they definitely help. The breakfast buffet was good with a decent variety of drinks and fruits. Too bad they don't have this on Sundays (not sure why). Dinner was pretty good as our group of 34 was treated to decent service and tasty dishes (pastrami sandwich was a bit to salty though and homemade chicken noodle soup had a small bone in it, otherwise the tableside caesar salad and other entrees were nice).
I think the golf course has only 3 holes so if you plan on doing some golfing, this is barely a practice course to warm you up. The property is conveniently located close to the waterfront and a short drive from downtown Sarnia. The front of the hotel does face the border crossing so you are wise to avoid a room that is in the front of the hotel.
Not a bad stay if you plan it right. Ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel. This way, you avoid the older rooms with small bathrooms that are not renovated. You might also get a better heater too,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel In Sarnia Offers Quality Service With beautiful views of the marina and the comforts of home, you can expect a relaxing stay at the Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel and Conference Center in Point Edward, ON. Our hotel's convenient location is 10 km from Sarnia Chris Hadfield Airport (YZR). From the Point Edward Charity Casino to Centennial Park, numerous attractions surround our hotel's guests. In Sarnia, you can visit the Sarnia Sports & Entertainment Center, see a show at the Imperial Theatre or shop at Lambton Mall. Golfers can enjoy a game at our own 9-hole Holiday Inn Golf Course or one of the many greens throughout Sarnia. Lodging here is also beneficial for business travelers working with Aamjiwnaang First Nations, Ontario Power Generation, UWO Research Park, Chemical Valley, the Canadian Coast Guard and more. Our hotel's amenities include over 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, business suites and a 24-hour business centre to meet your corporate needs. We go beyond other hotels in Sarnia to bring you the comforts of home, such as the on-site Bridges Bistro and Freightor's Lounge, an indoor and an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna and a fitness centre. Our Sarnia hotel's rooms feature work areas with free high-speed Internet access, large TVs, spacious layouts and beautiful views. We are also 4 Green Keys - Environmentally! You'll enjoy a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn hotel- Sarnia.Local pictures courtesy of TSL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Sarnia
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel And Conf Center
- Sarnia Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center Ontario